Author Topic: Carb count for Orange Crush singles to go packs  (Read 4518 times)

trisht

• View Profile
    • Email
Carb count for Orange Crush singles to go packs
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »
   I love the taste of the Orange Crush single to go packs that you mix with water.  Does anyone know how to figure the carb count for each pack?  I don't trust the packs of a lot of this type drink?  I have a hard time drinking water so I probably drink approx 6-8  16.9 bottles a day of the Crush mix.  It says no carbs but I would like to make sure.   Does anyone know about this product?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Carb count for Orange Crush singles to go packs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
What does the ingredients label say?  Is it sweetened with aspartame, Splenda or somethng else?

I wasn't able to find nutritional information on line.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »
Welcome to the family, trisht!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I can't seem to find any nutritional information about this product either.

A few things to keep in mind about plain water...

Is the ONLY beverage that the liver does not have to process before using.
This helps keep the liver and kidneys their healthiest.
It removes toxins and impurities from our bodies.
It hydrates our cells more efficiently than any other drink.
And of course, is nature's best weight loss aid!

For many, it's an acquired taste.
I did not like drinking water until I had a bout of kidney stones in 1998.
Since then, I've been drinking water like a fish and have not had any more kidney stones.
These days, I could not go through a day without drinking at least a half gallon.

Make a point of learning to enjoy it.
Set a time of day (every day) when you will drink one small glass.
As time goes by, you start enjoying it more and more and see the benefit on your scale too! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »
I don't know about the crush mix, sorry! Just had to pipe in that I was in the same boat. I actually disliked the "taste" of water. I had become so used to flavored, sweet drinks that water just tasted funky to me. I had to force myself for a while and even did a reward system.....drink two full glasses of water, get a diet soda. :)  After a while, I realized that the fake sugar in the soda was stalling my weight gain and would make me feel/look bloated so I cut the soda out almost completely. Now, I'm a huge water drinker! Keep trying. Maybe you could try the reward thing? :)

Best of luck and welcome to the family!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »
Hi Trisht  Welcome to the forum  :) :)  

Well it took some searching but I finally found it on line  haha   I have some in my cabinet but I always take them out of the box and store them in a container.  Of course it couldn't be that easy!!   ::)  I just love this stuff but unfortunately the serving size on these little babies are only 1/2 a package.  It is sweetened with  ASPARTAME but as you can see it also contains MALTODEXTRIN which is going to give you the carbs.  I always count these as 1 carb when I drink them using the whole package......seriously who are they kidding!!  Do they really think you will use only half?????  HA!  That is how they can claim it to be 0 carbs though  :-\  Here is the link where I found the info: http://www.jelsert.com/Products/detail.aspx?casecode=32011

Again....welcome to the FTS forum family...  I hope this info helps  ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 08:40:44 AM »
Good work, Shawn. 

And I agree on all the "you'll come to love water" advice.  Besides my morning coffee, it's all I drink now. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum trisht :) I am Umpa, Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. Your gonna do great and we are gonna help you ;)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Carb count for Orange Crush singles to go packs
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
Yep ... Its well worth learning to love plain water. I find the more you drink, the more you want to drink. Sometimes all it takes to get you interested is the way you drink it. If you don't like it at room temp (which I cannot do), throw some ice in there, drink out of your favorite cup, etc.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150