Author Topic: Just started yesterday  (Read 3872 times)

soulcanvas

• View Profile
Just started yesterday
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:46:05 PM »
So I bought the book 2 days ago and read it the same day. I started FTS yesterday. My fiance says to me when he picked up the book..."isn't this just like Atkins?" That being said I reviewed all the failed diets/lifestyles that didn't work or that I couldn't stick to. Sigh, I am getting married in May, I want to be healthy and feel beautiful. But I am scared... :(

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just started yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum soulcanvas you are gonna be a beautiful bride.The difference between adtkins and fat to skinny is this is a lifestyle change.We don't remove foods we replace them .That way once you lose the weight you don't gain it back because there are no foods to add back in to make you gain the weight back.Cycle broken.Read the book.Is Your soon to be hubby heavy?I am umpa, dougs (guy on front of book)wife.  :D If I can help you please ask.Doug and I are on the forum everyday.There are also many global moderators.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Ask alot of questions.In 2 weeks you are gonna have more energy than you know what to do with and you are gonna feel like a million bucks! ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »
Welcome aboard and think replacements.  If you are overweight, it is very likely that the extra weight was caused by an over abundance of carbs in your daily eating.  Commit to the FTS lyfestyle.  Come visit the forum and ask questions as you go.  It won't take very long for you to see the benefits.

Good luck.  There are lots of really supportive people on this forum.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
Andrea you are a couple posts away from a free book :) Whatcha gonna get???

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
Hold off on your alterations for your wedding dress!  You will love this lifestyle and look wonderful before May wedding!   :) Welcome!

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
Hi there,  I am pretty new also and it is an adventure for sure. Its fun and works. I already lost 7 lbs in I think 3 weeks. Welcome .

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
sweeties you need a ticker! Thats great! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »
Welcome to the family, soulcanvas!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I believe some of the most caring and wonderful people on the globe are here on this forum.
You will find no better support anywhere else at any price... and it's 100% FREE!!! ;D ;D ;D

So don't be afraid... We are here for you and will help in any way we can reach your goal and stay there!

If you have any questions, concerns, or would just like to vent, please don't hesitate to chime in.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family soulcanvas!!  Don't be afraid....we are here with you on this journey  ;D  You are going to feel so wonderful come May!!  And congrats on the up coming ceremony  ;) 

We are here to help one another so be sure to check in often  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Re: Just started yesterday
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
Soulcanvas the only thing you need to be afraid of is the cost of your new wardrobe! Welcome to the family :-)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

soulcanvas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
thank you all for the support. Lucky for my fiance, he is thin already, but for me it is an uphill battle. I have now read the book twice, and will read it again if I need to.!
I do have a couple of questions: #1 is tapioca flour and OK substitute? And what about black beans?

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
Hi soulcanvas.   I don't believe the tapioca flour would be a good replacement.  There are 26g of carbs on 1/4 cup of the Bob's Red Mill brand.  That is very high.  :(  We like to use un-blanched almond flour (now brand is only 4 carbs per cup), flax meal (golden and regular both 0 carb because of the fiber) and soy flour (about 16 carbs per 1 cup).  The same goes for the black beans..... there is almost 20.5 carbs with only about 7.5 fiber.  A better choice if you like black beans is the Eden's black soy beans.  They have only 8 carbs with 7 fiber for a 1/2 cup serving.  They make really yummy chili  ;D  Hope this helps  ;)  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:14:00 PM by TooSweet »

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
Welcome aboard soulcanvas.  I am new too, this is my 4th day on low carb/low surgar.  I feel better, not sure if I have lost, weigh in is Saturday.  But I am definitely not bloated!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D  That alone is a plus.  You will be beautiful and much smaller by May, we are all here for you.  Not sure if I can be a lot of help, but I will tell you that the 1 minute chocolate cake from the book is pretty good.  I also tried replacing cauliflouer for rice in stuffed peppers EXCELLENT!!!  I can hardly wait to weigh in and go forward in my life.  I am already greatful for how I feel.

Thank you Doug!

getskinny

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »
Welcome solecanvas :D
I am also newbie.  I have to say this is one of best forums I have ever found.  The LC recipes are really fantastic (thanks Umpa). My family and I really enjoy the one minute muffin.

All the best
Faith

joagain

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »
welcome solecanvas, I would say it is low carb like Atkins but very different , The forum is the biggest help Umpa & Doug have all the replacements .
Plus us forum folks add a few good recipes too !!!!  Doug has made his book very simple !!!! All we have to do is follow it and it will work  ;D

Congrats on your wedding !! Stay off the scale except for weekly weigh ins !!!!! YOu will feel better in 2 weeks then you have in a long time !