Author Topic: New way of thinking...TOTALLY  (Read 5036 times)

owensmath

New way of thinking...TOTALLY
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »
I laugh at myself sometimes now. I don't even think the same way anymore. I was in the grocery store yesterday and this mom says to her daughter, "Go on over to the bakery, and get a donut for me and a donut for you." In my brain, I heard it this way: "GO on over to the bakery, and get some poison for you and some poison for me!" Then, I saw a dad with a basket full of chips, crackers, and cookies. He had his three little ones with him. I looked at it and thought..." a bag of sugar, a box of sugar...wow...."

I'm so thankful that I can see it this way now. Like the Bible says, "renew your mind" and it's true!
Things that were so tempting are not appealing to me anymore.

Donna

beebs

• View Profile
Re: New way of thinking...TOTALLY
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
Im the same way. We go out to lunch after church on sundays and when the food comes I look at everyones plates and Im like SO how is your plate of sugar lol!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
Oh, I know exactly what you mean! It is sooo hard for me to stand in a grocery line behind the family with a cart full of sugar. I want to say, "excuse me are you aware....." I actually do speak up sometimes and give Mom or Dad one of my cards when I see heavy children in the mix. Sherri tells me "someday someones going to give you a smack in the nose" I don't care though, I've been given my marching orders and I'm on a Divine mission to try and save as many lives as I can. I kind of look at it this way, "if you had the cure for cancer, could you keep it to yourself" ?  We have the cure for obesity and sugar diabetes and we must spread the word, I feel it's our duty to mankind.  
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
I am not forcing any of this on my family but I am seeing positive changes in my two kids that still live at home. My youngest son said the other night when I made taco salad (no chips on mine!), "Mom, I don't want chips, just meat and lettuce, please!" Little changes that I see are really cool. My kids ate brown rice the other night (even though I was eating my Miracle Noodles) and they didn't gripe and ask where their white rice was. I've stopped buying potatoes for them, too. Tonight's dinner is a roast in the crock pot without potatoes for the first time. I don't think they will even notice. They are asking me stuff at the grocery store like, "Mom, are we out of jicama? Here's some right here."  I read the book and then mailed it to my mom.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »
I think you are very cool! We have a responsibility as parents to teach our children, if we don't teach them they don't know!I have mothers of young teenagers write me all the time and say," my kid will only eat fruit loops or my kid has to have ruffles or pizza"And i always say the same thing.Does the kid have a job??The kid is going to eat what you buy and bring into the house!If they read this book the kid will make better food choices.No kid wants to be the fat kid! but if you look at the effects of sugar it sure explains alot of that nasty attitude you get from kids!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »
Brown rice is the same as white rice, all turns to sugar. Brown has a scoach more fiber but not enough to make a difference. One cup of white or brown is the same as eating 11 teaspoons of sugar, 44 carbs. Try my "cauli rice" you'll find the recipe in recipe exchange served with Southwestern ribs. Jicama cubed up works well with pot roast as a potato replacement.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
I absolutely love my new way of thinking..I cant wait till someone asks me about my weight loss (36 lbs in in not even 4 months yet)  and how I did it or why Im eating that turkey burger without the bun...I love sharing and could scream it from the highest mountain....

Good Luck Everyone,,,
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
Doug, do you cube the jicama and cook it in the crock pot with the roast? Does it stay rather crispy? I can't recall the carb count in baby carrots. I'll have to look that up. I have a feeling they are high in carbs and sugar.

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »
I have not been able to find Jicama in my local Shaw's or Market Basket.
Is there anyone on here from New England that has found Jicama?

Thanks

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »
Owensmath: You can cook Hicama with your roast and it will be good because it doesnt turn to mush!It will stay crisp!Good Idea! ;)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 08:41:39 AM »
I have found jicama at Kroger and Walmart. I cant say for Meijer or if you even have one....

snobles

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 10:27:53 PM »
Yep!! I'm affraid we're the same way! One day we were in the neighborhood grocery store, and I was bored waiting in line, and I was looking at the grocery cart from the people behind us! When we got outside, I told my husband! Did we used to eat that way?! He was like, what do you  mean? I said did you see their cart? He was like no? I said, a bag full of chips/sugar, bottles of coke/sugar, it's funny now, I don't see grocery carts full of food! I see grocery cart full of wasted money! Even when I stock the shelves up at work, I feel guilty putting them up! ;DBecause I know it's really the sugar that people are after, not the taste! because "they have to have it!" You don't think, you would have sugar withdraws just from eating normal everyday stuff! "Boy was I wrong!" I have also noticed, that my pants and shirts have been a lot looser also! I was discouraged there for a while, because I wasn't "seeing" any results! Then Doug "enlightened" me! I was eating those complete dinners! Didn't realize they had that much carbs in them! (thanks for doing your homework Doug!)Now, I'm haveing to wear a belt! haha...and I'm starting to see the forearms forming muscle, because of haveing to lift the boxes! It was a slowwww start! But, now that I'm starting to see results! I'm definatley on the war path now! So look out!! ;D When We loose our weight goal, we're going shopping!
The book has definatley been an eye opener for our family!! ;D
Thanks again Doug!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:55:14 PM by snobles »

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »
When I go out with my family my mum is always worried about me being tempted and Im like nope, you enjoy your bowl of sugar Im good just like I am thx!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »
We are creating an army of sugar police !!!hehehhe :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:04:54 AM by Doug Varrieur »

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
At work and eating lunch in the breakroom is an absolute HORROR movie to me now..lol...One day one the the other employees walked in and asked everyone what they were eating...She stopped at me..Some one said "you didnt ask Doreen what she was eating" and she replied with..."Ohhhh she always eats Healthy!"...I LOVED THAT!
Live each day as if it was on purpose.