Author Topic: I CAN do this!!!  (Read 5906 times)

Cindy75

• View Profile
I CAN do this!!!
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
I wanted to jump in and introduce myself... not sure if this is the right page to do it on, so forgive me if it's not. Hello my name is Cindy and I eat way to much sugar without even realizing it! Whewwww... glad I got that out! LOL!

On a serious note, I was strolling through the book store one day a few weeks ago to find another "diet" book to try, which is what I usually do when I've had a "come to jesus" meeting with myself. So I came across this very colorful book that had the words FAT and SKINNY on the front and thought HA! That's me and that's what I want to be! So here I am! I am so excited about this!! I could actually understand this book and fully understand just how much sugar is in food that you don't even think about being in there. It turned my stomach to think about sitting in front of a sugar bowl and eating teaspoon after teaspoon of sugar. Yuck!!! So after reading and planning my weekly meals out, I went to the grocery store (which I looove to do, I know, I'm weird..) and I made Doug's Lasagna made with Zucchini, which I brought for lunch today and am enjoying as I type!

I have done it all, Atkins, south beach, weight watchers, diet pills, etc, etc and yep even went on an adventure from Atlanta to Tijuana Mexico and had the lap band procedure done. I wasn't "fat" enough to have it done in the states at 5'4" and 222lbs BUT I could travel across the boarder and have it done no problem. AND then after I reached my first goal of 160lbs and then my pouch began to stretch, I would have to once again travel to Mexico for any advice or help. As a single mom of 2, Tijuana trips don't really fit into the budget. After my second trip there, I was told "your band is fine, you're at perfect restriction" ummm ok.... Why am I 185lbs then?? I don't feel full anymore... So I came home hopeless again... Now at 201lbs, I realized it wasn't my band that failed me... I learned how to cheat it. And how did I do this... carbs, carbs, sugar, sugar!!! It wasn't until this book that I realized that it was my fault. But now I have a whole different outlook on things and I know I CAN DO THIS! It just feels different. I will NOT be the cute curvy girl with the pretty face much longer... Some curves are just not meant to be! So anyway, sorry this was so lengthy, but I am a talker! lol I look forward to cyberly meeting all of you! And thank you, thank you, thank you Doug for writing the book!!! And Umpa, I will definitely be using your page to over-haul some recipes!  ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I CAN do this!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
Hey Cindy!  Welcome to the forum!  You are going to LOVE it here!  FTS not only "feels" different, it IS different!....and it works!!  Hey, I live in Gainesville, Ga about 50 miles NE of Atlanta!  Yay!!  Another Georgian on the forum!   ;D 

Cindy75

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »
Awesome!! I actually live in Covington, about 30 east of Atlanta. Very nice to meet you!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »
Ok that is so cool!  I've definitely been to Covington before!  ;D  You are going to LOVE getting to know the folks on here!  Everyone is SO nice!    ;)   

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:09:59 PM »
Welcome to the family, Cindy!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You're right!!!... You CAN do this! ;D ;D ;D

If you follow the FTS rules, you'll lose your excess weight and reach your goal.
You will not need to visit Tijuana again!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
Welcome Cindy!!   ;D ;D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »
Welcome Cindy!!  You have just found the answer to your problem!  Hoorah!!!  I have been doing this new "lifestyle" since July.  I am amazed at the available choices for meals, snacks and desserts.  Every time I fix something new for my husband and I his favorite comment is "I don't know why anyone wouldn't eat this" LOL.  Enjoy your journey to a new you. ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum,if I can help you please ask. I know quite a few people that had lap band done and they all gained back the weight because they didn't change the way they ate.You have the power now,knowledge ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »
Hi Cindy, welcome to the party, don't worry dear if you stick to the lifestyle all that fat will melt and stay off!  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 09:23:28 AM »
If I can do it, anyone can do it!!!!!  And, I'm almost to my goal!!!

Cindy75

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »
Good morning everyone!! Thanks for all of the "welcomes" I feel so loved!! lol  It is so nice to meet all of you and I look forward to the days ahead with y'all!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »
Cindy you are so right, you can do this. FTS is like nothing else. You will be amazed in just a few weeks at how different you feel and how free you feel from carbs. FTS in amazing, when you stick to it daily it just works and the pounds just melt off. Sometimes it feels like cheating it's so easy. I too had tried everything (not a lap-band but I would of if I could of) and I always gained it back. FTS makes sense, doesn't limited what you eat and lets you just live life and get thin. Welcome to the FTS family and get ready to be a skinny little thing.  ;D ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
Welcome Cindy!  This is the only lifestyle/way of life that I have been able to stick to for a long period of time. It just takes some adjusting to new ways of eating, cooking and changing your mindset from the foods that we grew up on and are social accepted.  You are never deprived, you just modify to low-carb. ;)

All it takes is the first step and then you are on your way.  First thing I did was clean out my cabinets and fridge of anything that contained high carbs and that bag of sugar! lol

Good luck on your new journey and lifestyle.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »
I have been to Covington before. My hubby's a big fan of the TV show "In The Heat if The Night," which was filmed there. We went there in the 90s so he could gets fix...LOL. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »
Wasn't that Carol OConnor owensmath??The archie bunker guy?? :)