Author Topic: Carbs < 20 = lbs off for me!  (Read 3207 times)

catznflwrz

• View Profile
Carbs < 20 = lbs off for me!
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:47:29 PM »
Greetings FTS friends, I haven't posted for a week or so, spent time checking carb counts, switching to FTS Zero, drinking more water and staying off the scale. I only got on the scale so I could share, finally lost the first 3 lbs. that seem to be  staying off ;as I can tell by my clothes! Yea! If I hadn't been able to get support and advice from all of you, (and the recipes) I would have quit. Ah, the husband report...of course, he has lost a good 12-15 lbs. enjoying his Russel Stover Sweets and strawberries and whipped cream. I have had to drop even the berries (for now) because it seems that not only can I not use replacement sweeteners but I also seem to need to live at a lower carb level than 20. It just took me a few weeks of disappointment and shock to face facts and decide that it is, what it is and be happy finally finding out why I haven't been able to loose weight like some other people. I'm ready to create a ticker and stick around for the long haul...Life that is! My husband is not the the type to join our discussion BUT he is already an FTS success story, because he would not be able to stay low carb with out the wonderful recipes that keep FTS low carb eating from being boring and unsustainable! Later All, Catznflwrz

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Carbs < 20 = lbs off for me!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
Yay, catznflwrz! I'm like you. More success if I stay well under 20 carbs and drink tons of water - as well as staying off the sweets. But I'm having some sweets anyway, just not stressing over the slow progress as I know it's my choice.

catznflwrz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
Hey there SarahC, it was some of your advice that helped me grapple with this carb/sugar monster thing! Thanks for being there...again! Catznfwrz

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »
Wow, thanks for letting me know, catznflwrz! I've found that if I keep posting, it keeps me accountable, but I often wonder if I'm just working for myself!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »
but I often wonder if I'm just working for myself!

Nope!!   ;D  Every post you make is going to help someone out there....... keep posting ladies!!    We all enjoy reading them and they give us the want to to keep up the fight as well  ;) ;)

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
Wow, thanks for letting me know, catznflwrz! I've found that if I keep posting, it keeps me accountable, but I often wonder if I'm just working for myself!

Sarah you, TooSweet, Katary and many others have helped me  ;) ;D thank you all so much and thank you to Doug and Umpa for all they do and have done for us!!

Congratulations catznflwrz!!! you can do it ;)

Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 10:23:05 PM »
Thanks for the kind words! Everybody helps me, too.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
 ;D Feeling the love

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Bears are scary in person.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »
Bears are scary in person.

I think that thar is a live teddy bear!
But I wouldn't have gotten close enough to find out! :o
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »
We have them on our property in North Carolina.They like to push dougs grill around the deck. :D They also like to try to climb in the back of his truck,thats where he keeps the trash that has to go to the dump.In North Carolina they live in the trees.People say I never see bears and I say look up! :D :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »
I was about 10 feet from a grizzly in Alaska and was REALLY GLAD that there was a fence between us - didn't think it was heavy enough wire in the fence! It gave me the heebie-geebies.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
That would scare me.Grizzlies are unpredictable. I like this picture too :)