Author Topic: Smaps on Sale!  (Read 4472 times)

schultzkr01

• View Profile
Smaps on Sale!
« on: August 24, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »
Hurray for all cold breakfast cereal lovers!  Dixie Diner has Smaps on sale for 50% WITH free shipping!  Normally over $12 a bag, they are on sale for $6.35 through 8/26.  Only one per person though but I'll take it!

http://www.dixiediner.com/smaps%C3%82%E2%84%A2-cold-cereal-p-318.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=GravityMailer&utm_content=711272669&utm_campaign=82410&utm_term=BUYNOW

schultzkr01

• View Profile
Re: Smaps on Sale!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »
Actually...it looks like the stipulation is "one per customer per order".  But since there is free shipping on each Smaps order you have nothing to lose by doing multiple orders!  Smaps for all!

TTnomore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »
Just an FYI....I placed an order for 3 pkg of Smaps and the total came up at the $6.35/pkg price. If they change the invoice pricing I will let you know. ;D
Gail
Gail

TTnomore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 04:46:44 PM »
oh well :-\ ...they are re-figuring my invoice.....was worth a try
Gail

Rena

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I ordered some Smaps recently and am trying to be patient waiting for it to get here, which should be tomorrow.

Is this cereal any good?

I miss cereal a lot and didn't like a sample of some hot cereal I tried awhile back. I'm really hoping I like the Smaps and I can enjoy a bowl of cereal every now and then.

Is this something that can be eaten everyday, or is it better just 1-2 times a week (like pancakes)?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »
I know the others eat it but I found Smaps gets soggy too fast for me, so I don't know about eating it all the time (I like variety so I don't get bored).  I bought Sensato SF Nut & Flax Cinnamon Granola and it's delicious.  It is pretty pricey for such a small bag but it is very good and stays crunchy.  I just eat this once in a while only because it is too expensive to eat too often.
Netrition has it for the US people: http://www6.netrition.com/sensato_nut_flax_granola.html
The Low Carb Grocery also has it for the Canadians:  http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132_138&sort=2a&page=2
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:05:53 PM by ShihTzuMom1 »

Rena

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
Thanks for the info and links, ShihTzuMom1! :)

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
I like Smaps cereal. I found that it has a maple flavor that is very good. It does get soggy quickly, but I use very little almond milk with it and ate it fast! : )

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »
I just ordered some, unfortunately it was a few days ago so I paid more.  But if I like it I will order it from dixie diner. Thank you for sharing that information schultzkr01.

Also thank you for the heads up about it getting soggy that is good to know. :)

Rena

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »
I tell you ... I've been on FTS since October 1st and haven't had a bowl of cereal since although I'm a huge cereal fanatic. Today I had some Smaps and devoured it! The poor stuff never even had a chance to get soggy! :D :D :D

For me, it was totally worth ordering online. I had expected it to be like Grape Nuts, so I was surprised it was more like Rice Krispies. However, it was crunchy enough to make my jaw sore for a few moments.

Chomp, chomp, chomp ... :D :D :D

owensmath

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »
There is one that's like grape nuts. It's called Nutlettes.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
i love cereal!i think its the kid in me! I have this vision though of Rena in her jammies eating cereal and gummy worm vitamins!Is that what all childrens book authors do to get into the mood to write?? :D :D :D

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 01:06:22 PM »
That is too funny Umpa,  I totally got a visual of Rena sitting on a stool kicking her feet back and forth and humming as she chewed!!! ;D ;D ;D

Rena

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
LOL! We children's book authors do A LOT of crazy things!  ;D

Actually, I put more almond milk in it today and ate it a little slower to see how soggy it would get. It was still super crunchy. Heck, for all I know, it could be stale and I'd still have loved it. It's funny how it looks like Rice Krispies but has the crunch of Grape Nuts.

I found unsweetened coconut milk yesterday. One carb per cup. Me so happy ... :D  :D

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 02:39:59 PM »
Hmmm...Maybe I need to start writing children's books then I would have a good reason for all my silly attics!  ;D