Author Topic: The Series: My 600 pound Life  (Read 9957 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Re: The Series: My 600 pound Life
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
well, not to sound redundant, i use the web at work during lunch time, as we cancelled our internet at home since we weren't using it, at all.  i am on ten hours a day at work and that's quite enough for me.  so, no pdf books for me sorry to say.  but, that's okay - i am good with that.

So, currently, i am eating tuna/one squeezed lime; almonds with a drizzle of a combination of walnut oil/organic apple cider vinegar/splash water and putting this concoction in leafy boston lettuce.  also cooked up a one minute muffin, cut in 4 slices and toasted with real butter.  just so yummy. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »
Do you have a tablet or android? :)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »
No - I am really out of it, aren't I?   LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »
 :D :D I just found out this morning what tumblr is! I still dont understand what a hashtag is! :D

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »
oh good heavens - that is totally foreign to me.    lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 08:45:58 AM »
Its obviously not important :D  Mayne to kids but not the grownups!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 12:59:09 PM »
One sign of getting older... not understanding what younger folks are talking about!
I'm a retired IT professional. And I still must go out of my way to keep up with the new tech terms. :D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
 :D Its just not important to me Tony! I see my kids wasting alot of time on electronics and I dont get it.When I was growing up computers didnt exist, we had second jobs. ;) I think technology is a double edged sword.I wonder if people realize how much of their time they spend surfing the web.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
When I was single I chose not to have a TV in my apartment.  My nephew came over to stay the weekend and freaked out - wondered what we would do all weekend w/o a TV.  I laughed and showed him.  Went for walks, talked, went to a movie, played board games and so forth. 

I also started to read more and sew a few things.  Boy, time sure flew by when doing other things other than watching TV.

Now the computer rage/age/disengage from life is around.  It kills me to see a mother walking her child and she is on the phone and holding the kids hand.  It is so sad because they are missing out of communicating to each other.  And so many idiots on the road with the phone in their ear while driving - that's sure is a mistake, especially if you happen to get into an accident and possibly take a life. 

I know a teenage who can't put sentences together - his grammar/communications skills.....zero!  What a terrible shame.

So, when I say I don't have internet at home cause I am on it for ten hours a day at work, what I am actually saying is that  I get outside and garden, weed, go for a walk, talk with my husband, make plans ----

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »
Hi, Ellie! :)

You have a very good lifestyle.
I don't watch much TV or spend much time on the web as I have so many other
things to do around my property.

There's nothing like fresh air most every day.
Between that and the added activity, I sleep like a baby. ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 08:54:51 AM »
I check my phone and computer in the morning and in the evening them i turn it off. Sometimes on the weekend i will play ,usually when its raining :D I never talk on the phone in the car.My message on my phone tells people "I dont return missed calls,leave a message or I will not call you back".I use to have people get mad at me for not returning missed calls! i run 3 businesses who checks those??I am always outside, hate to be indoors ! Like you Ereino we have our little cabin in the woods and you cant even get past the gate without calling first.We love that! ;)