Author Topic: Eden Foods Black Soybeans  (Read 3676 times)

Rena

Eden Foods Black Soybeans
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=103050&ref_src=google&ref_id=black_soybeans

Good grief! I've had these in my cupboard forever. Why didn't I try them sooner? I think I bought them after watching Doug's video clip on Mexican food. And there they sat, abandoned like some poor unwanted soul. I absolutely LOVE these. Last night I mashed them up a little and put them in a low-carb tortilla with some shredded cheese. I liked it so much I'm having it again tonight! The label says 1 net carb (8 carbs minus 7 fiber).

MUST BUY MORE! :D :D :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Eden Foods Black Soybeans
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »
These sound great, Rena! :) :) :)

And the price certainly looks right. ;)

THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:19:17 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »
 i found them at Publix they were 1.59 a can It was the publix brand . I have a can I guess I need to try it . For some reason I am getting tired of Meats right now . chicken ,hamburger ,steak or shrimp .  :P

Rena

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »
I'd only had the green ones before. We have a humungous bag of those in the freezer, so that's probably why I didn't think to open this can. The green ones remind me of lima beans, but with a better taste. These black ones are way different -- more like a pinto bean flavor. They went really well as a burrito and I'm thinking they'd be good plain with melted cheese on them. I think that's how Doug made his. I think he smashed half of them and then stirred in the rest to give it more of a refried texture.

I bought these in Lakeside -- way on the other side of Flathead Lake and I don't get over there too often. TYPICAL! I'll have to look to see if I can find them where we usually shop, too.

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »
I make a black bean chili with those black soy beans and my family loves it!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
I make a black bean chili with those black soy beans and my family loves it!

That sounds good. Rick makes a really good chili, but doesn't put beans in it. Maybe I'll add some of these to my bowl next time. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:32 AM »
They are a staple in my house ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
Staple at mine too!  :)

Rena

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
I found them at our local Super 1 grocery store in the organic foods section. That's good because I don't have to drive halfway around Flathead Lake. The bad news is that they cost twice as much. Even so, with the cost of gas, it's probably about the same.