Author Topic: xylitol  (Read 8727 times)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
Re: xylitol
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
Welcome to FTS dobjad. 

You may find that opening a post with "I saw on Dr. Oz..." does not usually get a positive response on this forum. Hopefully you will find this forum a better source of accurate information than main-stream media. 

That being said, I have used xylitol with out any negative effect (although not in the amounts Morgan listed in her recipe).  However, the sugar alcohols in the Russel Stover sugar-free candy does affect me.  I guess the sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners seem to affect each of us differently. I say, go with what works for you.  Just remember that the powdered sweeteners do contain carbs, so you want to be careful that you count them.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 10:41:25 AM »
Hi, dobjad! :)

Mark is right!... Dr. Oz is not well received by our FTS family.
The man is about the money. And will tell people most anything for TV show ratings.
We seek the truth, and share it openly! :)

Regarding xylotol... Dentists have known for many years that it is wonderful for our teeth.
That's why so many have recommended Trident Gum for decades!

That being said, sugar alcohols (like xylitol) will effect each of us differently.
What may be fine for one, may send another to the restroom for prolonged periods.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 08:27:55 AM »
mdanziger  thats because Dr Ozs show is no more than infomercial. He is paid to promote the products on his show.Thats why he flipflops so much on his opinions.There is nothing wrong with xylitol other than some people has gas issues with it.It is great for your teeth and is natural.Dobjab welcome to the forum I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask. :)