Author Topic: Umpa your opinion please.  (Read 3795 times)

frosty

• View Profile
Umpa your opinion please.
« on: July 28, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »
I found this recipe and was wondering what you thought?  It looks to me it would be low carb and yummy.
site
http://www.nourishingnantucket.com/sweet-inspirations-creamy-marbled-cashew-chocolate-fudge/

Creamy Marbled Cashew Chocolate Fudge (Sugar-Free)

Makes 12 squares

Ingredients:

- 1.5 c pastured heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
    - 4.5 oz 100% baking chocolate (I use Dagoba), cut into small pieces
    - 3 Tbsp unsalted pastured butter
    - 1 droppers NuNaturals Alcohol-Free Vanilla Stevia or 1/4 c honey divided
    - 9 oz roasted unsalted cashews
    - 1 lb pastured lightly salted butter (I use Kerrygold), chopped into large cubes
    - coconut oil for greasing pan

Method:

1. In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream, chocolate, and 3 tbsp butter on medium until it comes to a low boil whisking often. Once it comes to a low boil, turn off the heat and whisk until the chocolate and butter are fully melted and a thick chocolate sauce forms. Whisk in 1 dropper of stevia and set aside to cool.
    2. In a food processor or high speed blender, process the cashews on high until a crumbly paste begins to form. Slowly add pastured butter one cube at a time until it is all added and a smooth, fluffy frosting mixture forms. Add the other dropper of vanilla stevia and process to combine. Taste and adjust to your sweetness quotient needs.
    3. Pour the cashew batter into a greased 5×7 glass pyrex baking dish that is 3″ or more high. Smooth the batter to distribute evenly. Then pour the chocolate fudge evenly over the cashew batter. Using the handle of a fork, make swirling motions throughout the chocolate mixture to create the marbled effect for the fudge.
    4. Place the dish into the refrigerator and let cool until set, approximately 3 hours. If you are really impatient, throw it into the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
    5. Once it is set, portion the fudge into 12 equal pieces then serve and watch people swoon whilst unwittenly consuming a sugar-free dessert!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Not at all.Honey and Cashews are wicked high.Try this instead  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3740.0
If you dont have the dixie diner peanut butter just adjust the carb count for yours.Taste as you go .I don't like things wicked sweet :).

frosty

• View Profile
Re: Umpa your opinion please.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:50:36 PM »
Thanks for the info.  My shopping list is growing. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:20 AM »
If I can help you please ask ;)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
I think if you really wanted to try this recipe you could just use the Vanilla Stevia as suggested  or 1/4 cup equivalent sugar free sweetener of your choice (like xylitol or FTS zero) and replace the 9 oz roasted unsalted cashews with roasted almonds  ;)   I'm guessing just by looking at the recipe that Umpa's will be easier though.   Gotta love fudge   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:13 AM »
Mine is wicked easy ;)