Author Topic: Success is Measured in Many Small Steps!  (Read 14195 times)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
Success is Measured in Many Small Steps!
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:06:45 PM »
Happy 4th of July :)

My journey with FTS began again on June 22, 2014 after I received the shocking diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes. I told the Doctor flat out I would out take any meds, that I would control this with diet and exercise. And so my journey began.........

I cut my carb intake with a vengeance. As a result my Blood Glucose readings are in the normal range 88-120 daily. However, I will continue to test daily because I really do not want to be caught up in a high carb fog again!

At my first weigh in after I started my Lifestyle change I had lost 4 lbs, not a big loss, but to me any loss is a win!:) I'm due to weigh again tomorrow. My clothes are loose, and I have a pair of crop pants I can no longer wear out in public :

I was on the Walden Farms website yesterday and ordered myself some goodies, and am looking forward to receiving those!

My energy level is through the roof! I love every minute of it!. Now I actually have the energy to continue writing my novel...now I have high hopes that I will reach my goal and have 6 books published my the end of 2014! :)

The moral of this story is, this is not a race, more of a steady trott. Every step you take, a pound lost, a lower reading on your diabetic test meter is a big win for you. You are a Winner! :) :)

Renee`

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Success is Measured in Many Small Steps!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 06:07:47 AM »
The weigh in results this morning were another 2 lbs lost :)  another small step and win for me! Another 1-2 lbs lost and I will be in a weight range I haven't seen for over 20 years, and that will be a really big win for me. :)

Renee`

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
I am so HAPPY for you !! You are in control of your health and your life and I think that is AWESOME!!! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »
"I cut my carb intake with a vengeance. As a result my Blood Glucose readings are in the normal range 88-120 daily."

Diabetes? What diabetes? I don't see diabetes :) Congratulations Renee! Isn't it sad that your doctor didn't sit you down and say "Renee, your blood sugar is too high and we need to lower it, to do this I want you to read and follow a very ow carb program"

NOPE, that ain't what went down.....Hey Renee, here's a script for metformin!

If I was you, next time you go in for a checkup give him a piece of your mind then fire him and find a better doctor.  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
 :D Tell us what you really think Doug! :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »
:D Tell us what you really think Doug! :D :D

:D
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:33:46 PM »
Hi, Renee! :)

You have the "secret cure" to type II diabetes... FTS!!!
Stay the course, and you'll NEVER need any type II meds like Metformin! ;D ;D ;D

Tony

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 07:07:53 AM »
Thank you guys,

As for my Doc,  Doug, she just gave me a bunch of pamphlets, a test meter that I couldn't get discs for locally and instructions to stick to a diet of 1800 calories daily! Didn't tell me how many times a day to test nothing!!!!

So I went to WalMart and bought my own test meter and diabetic supplies. As I was testing 7 times daily at that time I was using quite a few strips, so called the Doctors office to have them call a script to WalMart for the strips.......when I went to pick them up, which is a 76 mile round trip for me....they couldn't give me the strips because the order didn't have a diagnosis code on it! :( To say I wasn't a happy camper would be putting it mildly!!!!! When I did eventually get them the instructions from the Doctor just said "Test Twice Daily" that's it!  So I decided that I would test 3 times a day instead of the 7 I was doing.

And yes I am now looking around for a new Healthcare Provider! :)

Renee`

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »
Thats crazy! You need a new doctor ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »

I agree with Umpa... Find a new doc ASAP!

Tony

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
Yes I am definitely looking for a new Doctor! :)

When my friend, who is diabetic and has been for well over 20 years, and on  3 diabetic meds found out I was keeping my blood glucose in the normal range, she immediately said " Great now you can indulge in some high carb goodies!" My response was....ah NO....I am not treating my blood glucose like a yo yo! This is serious business, and a total lifestyle change for me. Once  my weight is where I'm happy with it I'll start to add carbs, but it will be in the form of fruits and veggies, and I will try some of the recipes in Doug's bakery book. But any increase in weight and the carbs go down until I reach the correct balance of cabs to maintain my weight.

Renee`

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 09:41:43 AM »
Correct Renee, if you go back on carbs your type 2 will come back.....
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »
... I am not treating my blood glucose like a yo yo! This is serious business, and a total lifestyle change for me. Once  my weight is where I'm happy with it I'll start to add carbs, but it will be in the form of fruits and veggies, and I will try some of the recipes in Doug's bakery book. But any increase in weight and the carbs go down until I reach the correct balance of carbs to maintain my weight.

Doug is VERY right about type II... If we go back to high carbs, type II will return.

Between that and yo-yo dieting for years, we severely damaged our metabolisms to the point of acquiring metabolic syndrome or type II. In fact, many studies have shown that morbidly obese people are better off not changing a thing rather than yo-yo dieting... It raises heck with our bodies and makes us sicker and fatter in the long run.

I applaud your commitment! ;D ;D ;D
Hold on to it, stay the course, and you'll be much healthier before you know i! ;)

Tony

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
You're right Tony, I 'm absolutely FTS for life.

Before this lifestyle change I was actually on the 8 hour diet where you could eat whatever you want, whenever you want, as many times as you want but only during an 8 hour period. You chose your own 8 hours, then you would fast for 16 hours. Now I didn't go hog wild on this. I actually cut my portions and used a smaller plate, and I was losing 1 lb every week. The only thing was my meals were loaded with carbs. Even though I lost about 20 lbs eating this way, it was not a good fit as the diabetic diagnosis tells you.

Now I'm on the right track with FTS. My goodies from Walden Farms were delivered today, so looking forward to trying those out.

Looking forward to a much healthier me  :) :) :)

Renee`

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »
... Before this lifestyle change I was actually on the 8 hour diet where you could eat whatever you want, whenever you want, as many times as you want but only during an 8 hour period. You chose your own 8 hours, then you would fast for 16 hours. Now I didn't go hog wild on this. I actually cut my portions and used a smaller plate, and I was losing 1 lb every week. The only thing was my meals were loaded with carbs. Even though I lost about 20 lbs eating this way, it was not a good fit as the diabetic diagnosis tells you.

Now I'm on the right track with FTS. My goodies from Walden Farms were delivered today, so looking forward to trying those out.

Looking forward to a much healthier me  :) :) :)

Renee`

Your experience proves that there's more to healthy weight loss than just losing weight.
The point is getting healthy. And in doing that, the weight loss is a fringe benefit. :)

You go, girl!!! ;D ;D ;D

Tony