Author Topic: Snickerdoodles Cookies (UMPADOODLES)  (Read 21195 times)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Re: Snickerdoodles Cookies (UMPADOODLES)
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »
Thanks for the tip and I'll look into the scones!  After they cooled completely the cookies were actually a little crisp w/out the frig which surprised me so I have it in tupperware right now and they seem to be doing fine.  I guess they would travel better being put into the freezer first like one of the other members did.  I'm happy with them and so delicious.  Closest thing to my mom's recipe I've had.  Loved making them with my mom as a girl....I think I said that in the forum before. lol  Ahhhh memories.....

Thanks Umpa!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Rena

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »
Has anyone tried these with flaxmeal instead of almond flour?

I have golden flaxmeal and wonder if that would be yucky.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 03:14:23 PM »
I haven't :)

shawn116

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
I was wondering the same Rena.   Will you let us know if you try it?   :)

Rena

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »
Will do!

We might have to change the name though -- FLAXADOODLES sounds a bit funny, but I like it. :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
 :D :D :D

joagain

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »
Well I am gonna try these again my first try didnt come out and I dont know why . But I will not be making flaxadoodles I will be making them with almond flour  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 09:40:29 AM »
Remember after they cool fridge.They firm up in fridge ;)

AliciaInTX

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »
Bag of soy flour on the way from Netrition.com. I added it to my order specifically for this recipe. Can't wait to give it a try!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
Follow directions in recipe.Low carb cookies have to come back in fridge to firm up.i did this recipe for sherripie.Everyone loves it. :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »
Umpa, do you think we could replace part (half?) of the soy flour in this recipe with oat fiber? I'm having a dinner party and would fix these for dessert.

Chicken breasts, caulimash, green beans (if I can find em without spots), biscuits (or a salad), and umpadoodles for dessert.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
I haven't used the Oat Fiber yet so I have no experience to give you info.i am using it today.I don't like to experiment on desserts for dinner parties ,people love dessert!How about the Peanut butter and jelly cake or the coconut cake?Carrot cake is really good too, a favorite at my house when we have guests. ;)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
i made these today for a get together i had to go to with friends and they were a hit! they were all gone by the time i went to go back for seconds! ) probably a blessing in disguise for me ha ha~ i will be making these again

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »
When Sherripie started the Fat to Skinny this was the one cookie she could not give up. I did this recipe for her :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:36 AM »
Just made a batch of the 'umpadoodles' cos just felt the need for a bikkie (biscuit).  Actually a half batch cos there's just me - don't want to be a guts  ;D  Made a minor boo boo in that my maths was out when halving the soy flour and added approx 12g (how exact is that?) extra which might explain why they didn't want to spread.  Halfway through the cooking process I noticed they were still balls and weren't budging so I opened the oven and flattened them all slightly with a wooden spoon. Also had to add an extra 5 mins as they were still very soft on top.

They smell great and the little broken bit tasted great too.  From the forum I've gathered they are to be soft and chewy - is that correct?  If (meaning when) I freeze them and then take out to thaw do I need to zap (microwave) them a touch or are they good to go?  Store in fridge?  I think I read umpa saying low carb biscuits need to stay in fridge.