Author Topic: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness  (Read 45165 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:13 PM »
Thank you tony ! Those last few pounds just don't want to leave you Tony ! I know why cause your so sweet

Aw, thank you Jo! :) :) :) :)
I'm not too concerned about the last few pounds because I feel great and my blood numbers are good too! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
 :o  TooSweet, are you going to post more meal plans ???  I hope so, they give me ideas and I'm anxious to see what new foods you're eating next.  I've noticed that you keep your carbs very low like 12 and under.  Please keep me informed.  :D  I too have started posting my meal plan for the day and I aim to keep it going.  Hope all is well, thanks. :)
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

shawn116

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »
Hi Noel  :) 

I see you found my quest for un-sweetness that I failed at...Haha  I wanted to make it a full 2 weeks but I knew I wouldn't make it too far on my trip that came up last minute.  I can't imagine a long trip in a car without at least some gum or sugar free candy...HAHA!!  I have been meaning to get back to this now that I am home so thanks for bringing it up and reminding me.   ;)  You are right...it is a great way help others get ideas of meal plans and even understand how to count those carbs.  Not to mention I'm always interested in what others are eating.  You are right about my low net carbs.  I guess I got in the habit of keeping my carbs low because personally I don't seem to lose until it's below 15 net carbs... once I started maintaining, it always leaves me room to have my sweets.   ;D   I'll start the quest again in the AM   ;D  Anyone else that would like to is sure welcome to join me  ;)   

Actually while I'm on the subject I might share something with everyone.  While I was staying away from sweets that included my diet sodas that I love to have.  Of course I went right back to drinking them when I started back eating normally for me.  I notice something that is a bit disturbing to me.  This past year I've been dealing with a little issue with my heart.  Nothing serious...at least I don't think so at this time, but the doc noticed a murmur that has mysteriously popped up.  We've ran a ton of tests and he tells me he is certain it isn't a problem.  At the same time I have been complaining to him about a flutter....feels about like a butterfly in the chest and it only happens on occasion.  Well....a light bulb has gone off.  I didn't realize that while I was off of the sweeteners the flutters were gone....once back on them...yep you guessed it....flutters are back  :o  What that heck??  Next thing you know my mom has to go to the hospital with severe dizziness...the doc tells her she has vertigo.  She stops drinking sodas and you guessed it...no more vertigo.....WEIRD hugh.   I am beginning to think I have been slowly poisoning myself with that darn aspartame   :P  Oh my gosh....It's in everything too   :-\  Ugh!!  I do believe this quest has now taken on a whole new meaning for me    ;)   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »
With me aspartame can cause migraines  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
Whoa!... I missed that!  :o

Please share that recipe with us, Shawn!  :) :) :)
I don't know if it's just my age... But I can't can't seem to get my head around it.

Tony

Tony I totally forgot to post this recipe.  I found it here http://homecooking.about.com/od/beefrecipes/r/blbeef93.htm

Hamburger beef jerky

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon reduced sugar ketchup
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Combined all ingredients and chill for 4 hours.
Spoon 1 TBS balls and mash between plastic wrap to make disks about 1/8 inch thick.
Put in dehydrator using your dehydrator instructions for making jerky.  Or you can use your oven (in oven at lowest temp setting 160 - 180 °F with the door ajar) Be sure to turn your jerky halfway through.  

Here is another great one  ;D  http://wellnessmama.com/2201/ground-beef-jerky/  And I really like this one http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/beef-jerky-recipes-2/

I'm going to post this in snacks as well   :)  Happy snacking  ;)

I changed the oven temps because of the possible risk of E-coli with ground beef.  Here is a good source that has great instructions for the oven process.  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071105140835AA48nnK
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:32:28 PM by TooSweet »

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2013, 12:09:40 AM »
 :) This recipe looks fun, how long will the hamburger jerky keep for?   ???
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2013, 02:36:36 AM »
I just wanted to add that for 22 days I went without sweets :) I have decided that 6 days a year I will allow them, berries not included. Makes it extra nice :D
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2013, 05:15:20 AM »
How did you arrive at 6 days and what days are they?

shawn116

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2013, 07:57:20 AM »
  :)  This recipe looks fun, how long will the hamburger jerky keep for?    ??? 

Hi Noel  I've seen posts that do say differently but most say pretty close to the same as you can find in the comments here.  http://wellnessmama.com/2201/ground-beef-jerky/ 

You can store it in a airtight container (I like ziplock baggies or better yet my seal a meal bags) and keep on the shelf for a week or so (if it lasts that long  ;D ), but I personally would feel better keeping it in the fridge.  You can keep it in there up to 4 weeks or in the freezer in indefinitely.

shawn116

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
I just wanted to add that for 22 days I went without sweets  :)  I have decided that 6 days a year I will allow them, berries not included. Makes it extra nice  :D

Oh lord Taby...I bow to you my friend.  I don't think I could do that  Haha  I can't imagine a world without sweets   :'(

I'm with Morgan...What is the significance of 6 days?

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
If I do have a "break through" sweet, it's a dark chocolate bar with 15g of fiber and only 2net carbs called European Dark Chocolate and it's vegan, non-GMO, organic, and low carb :D is there really anything better? LOL
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2013, 12:57:31 AM »
is there really anything better?

I think not  ;)  LOL

shawn116

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »
As promised I am back on my quest  :D 

Here is what happened yesterday  ;)

Day 1 back on track with un-sweetness
6:30 am
Coffee - Coffee - Coffee  Haha  This morning is rough for me

11:30 am
BLT pita 
½ Joseph’s pita  = 2 net carbs
Mayo = 0
Slice tomato  = .5 net carbs
Lettuce =  so low I’m not counting
Pork rinds (My mom turned me onto a new flavor "Salt and Pepper")  They are really good 

Snack  I went to the movies and took something along....Shhhhh don't tell   ;D  By the way...The Butler is awesome  :)
1 oz roasted almonds  = 2 net carbs

7 pm
2 hamburger patties
2 cups raw spinach sautéed with garlic and butter  (I’m counting 1 net carb for spinach and 1 net for garlic)  = 2 net carbs
Plenty of water to drink throughout the day
Cup of herb tea

I know this seems very low...I need to get out of the habit of saving my carbs for sweets   ;D  But really....I wasn't hungry probably because I stayed busy  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
Go for it, Shawn! :) :) :)

And thanks for the review on "The Butler". :)
Many movies are pumped up to look great, but end up duds.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
I LOVED THE BUTLER!!!!!!