Author Topic: First month  (Read 2947 times)

alicia.blessing

• View Profile
First month
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »
So the 2nd was the end of my first month on FTS I have lost 11.2 lbs. and several inches! I have gotten past the detox stage and most cravings have subsided. I have more energy but unfortantly dont have much to do with it since we have had a lot of snow lately so can't really get out to do much. The only problem im having is with work. I work a couple day a week 9-2 (retail) so don't take a break. We have no fridge, microwave, or anywhere really to eat anyway. So not really sure what I can pack as a quick snack I can keep and eat behind the counter here and there.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First month
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »
my favorite mobile snack is nuts ,premeasure though ;)  You are doing great!!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:31:00 AM by umpa »

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 04:32:46 PM »
That's GREAT Alicia!!  I like nuts also as a portable snack and wrapped cheesesticks.  Those 2 are yummy together  :)  Peanut Butter & Celery...

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
Beef Jerky is always a quick easy filling snack! Congrats on a great start  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »
my husband works retail and has the same problem.  he will take an apple, but he isn't on fts.  if it were me, I would take celery and peanut butter as someone has mentioned earlier.  let's see, what else can you do - as you know, if in the car some things will freeze,  but, if you are taking the snacks inside and placing behind the counter:  you can place a few ice packs in your lunch container:  then you could bring the 1/2 cup of berries; Philadelphia cream cheese with the celery; cucumbers with cream cheese; lettuce (romaine) and wrap some cold cuts; lettuce wrap some cheese; the list can be endless if you do the ice pack in a nice lunch container. 

Good luck to you.

Shoelace

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:48:14 AM »
How about taking a thermos to work with things like chili or soup.  There are also short thermoses that are fairly large around.  Those would hold pretty much any food, hot or cold.  I believe Walmart has them in their camping accessories.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
The thermos is a great idea!