Author Topic: Need suggestions (HELP)  (Read 2963 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need suggestions (HELP)
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »
So I have incorporated the F2S way at home but with my 2 little ones it can be tough.. They refuse to eat veggies and I have tried many ways to hide them.

I love my Savannah, but I realize and cant blind myself that she is on a path of destruction and it will be my fault if I dont teach her. I have taken control and started making her school lunch.Ive expressed my concern about healthy eating to her school and hope that they are following through on my request..

I need help with kid friendly meals.. Ive replaced the rice with miracle rice or the Orzo once it gets here. I also bought a low carb bread (not as high as the other ones) to make her sandwiches.. Use 0 carb meats and cheeses.. Give her Moz stick as a snack.. Ive bought the Snack Pack SF pudding.. I dont plan to put her on 20 carbs a day but I do want to keep make sure it doesnt go past 35 carbs.

Any ideas? I saw the link here but its very limited...

Thanks
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need suggestions (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
i hide veggies Alex.My grandson  chooses and eats my carrot cake for breakfast and he loves it.It is zuchinni .You could make those as cupcakes for lunch.Pure protein.What i would like you to do is post what she likes in her lunch bag and I will convert it to healthier lunch.I also encourage moms to teach their kids to cook.Have her help make her own food so you can explain to her what she is eating and how it helps/harms her body.If she is school age you can read the fat to skinny book together one chapter at a time.Kids are so smart alex! We will help her together and she will be fine.Post her lunches and we will get started. ;)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »
Thanks Umpa.. I will write post everything that I am doing so you can tell me how to improve it..

THANKS!!!!!  :-*
Alex

joagain

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
Start them young Alex !!! Tyler is now ordering all his burgeres with no bun and salads with chicken on them . I dont even tell him anymore ,just does it when he orders! I am so proud of him .

Does she like celery with ranch ?

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »
Jo, they spit anything that taste or resembles a veggie....
Alex

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:47:36 AM »
 :D That is so funny alex! But when they see themselves getting thinner they are gonna be your worse nightmare! They are gonna watch /read everything you put in the cart!No kid wants to be the fat kid! You are gonna give them the keys to the kingdom alex and they are gonna rule it after that! Jo's son tyler is proof of that! He is a type 1 diabetic and he has learned to control his health. :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 09:02:31 AM »
Jo, they spit anything that taste or resembles a veggie....

Well my dear Alex...that needs to end. It's important for the kids to eat some veggies, I know you know this and it's not your fault...typical kid stuff :) Caulimash well buttered and covered in grated cheese, candied turnips, cream of broccoli soup, "sketti" and meatballs, using spaghetti squash for the sketti and adding food processed mushrooms in with meat when making the balls. Spinach bread crust for pizza, creamy cheesy spinach, french fried turnips, yellow squash,jicama. Eggplant or zucchini lasagna....these are just a few that come to mind.  ;)

Candied Turnips

2-3 yellow turnips peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch chips
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
2 teaspoons butter

Fry the turnip slices in a non stick skillet in butter over medium heat until both side of the slices reach a golden brown. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the maple syrup making sure all sides of the slices are well coated. Cook the slices for 2-3 minutes then remove the skillet from the heat

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »
Those turnips look very good !!! Umpa & alex tyler has cut his insulin in half but the only veggies I can get him to eat is salad (lettuce & cheese  Jicama & celery !!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »
Its funny Jo when they are young its a struggle and as they get in their 20's thats all they eat! They are conscious about the way they look at that age.If only we could get them at a younger age conscious about their bodies.Tyler has got it licked ! ;)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »
Well it has been a hard struggle for me.. I am going to try the turnips though, they look yummy.. Yesterday she was telling me that she liked carrots.. great!!!!  :-\
I am going to do the cauli mash this week.. The funny thing is that she relates anything green to veggies.. Its funny to hear her sometimes..
Yesterday one of my hubby's client gave him some avocados and when he got home from work she asked her daddy what was in the bag and he naturally replied what it was.. Then she asked him if it was for her and he said yes. Well when I made the avocado salad she reprimanded me for eating her veggies that her daddy brought her. (which I know its a fruit)  When I asked her if she wanted some, she said, ewwww no, I dont like veggies...

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'(   
Alex

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »
...  When I asked her if she wanted some, she said, ewwww no, I dont like veggies...
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'(   

Hi Alex! :)

My daughter was a VERY fussy eater when she was small.
She too absolutely detested anything that resembled a veggie.

In order to get her to eat veggies, we had to buck up as parents and use some "tough love".

We'd present her a bite of veggie and tell her that if she ate it, she could have the rest of her meal.
At first she rebelled. At which point we'd have her leave the table and go to her room.
We told her she was welcome to come back to the table and have her meal AFTER the bite of veggies.
After a while, hunger ALWAYS got the better of her and she'd "force" down the bite of veggie.

After a while, she not only would eat her veggies, she would eat them BEFORE eating the rest of her meal.
To this day, she loves her veggies!

At first, this was particularly hard for her mother to deal with.
But after our daughter started asking for veggies, that changed. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »
Hide them alex! She won't be looking for zucchini in cake! :D :D :D :D