Author Topic: Scott in Florida - week 11  (Read 2790 times)

scottinflorida

Scott in Florida - week 11
« on: November 17, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »
Little bump in the road this week - gain of .4 pounds.  I sort of expected it anyway - I went to a football game on Sunday (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).  There were lots of places in the stadium to buy food, but it seems that football fans as a group aren't the most health-conscious people in the world  ;)  I did indulge in some chicken tenders that had lots of breading, and some french fries.  I haven't eaten anything like that since September 1, so I guess it's out of my system for another few months!

Next week I really hope to join the Thirty Pounds Lost Club.  Hope you all have a great week!  It's beautiful here in Florida!

Scott

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Re: Scott in Florida - week 11
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
Is that .4lbs or 4lbs?  If I might make a suggestion...bring your own snacks and eat before you go so you aren't tempted (I bring protein bars and low carb nuts to stop cravings and keeps me full feeling).  I know when I'm hungry I am more easily tempted so being prepared keeps me safe from spur of the moment decisions to indulge in something I shouldn't.

It will come back off...cut back on carbs this week and just eat light. ;)  You are almost to the 30lb club!  Keep it up!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

scottinflorida

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
Thanks Izzet, good suggestions.  Actually I probably won't go to another pro football game this year anyway - I only go occassionally and my son was wanting to go so we went together.

Oh, it was .4 pounds (almost half a pound).  It will be back off soon!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »
Hi Scott!

I know exactly what you mean about the food offerings at football games (or most other sports venues for that matter).
There are low & no-carb options. But you've gotta be careful!

My wife and I attended a Seahawks game on our 12th anniversary on 09/26/2010.
Folks all around us were eating fries, tortilla chip nachos, etc..

I ordered a couple of polish sausages with mustard (used buns as "holders", did NOT eat), a bag of peanuts (only ate 2 oz.), a bag of Oberto Pepperoni sticks (0 carb), and 2 bottles of water.

Had a great low-carb time!
What you do today is what matters!

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - keydenj
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »
it is easier for men to drop the lbs...i will soon join the 30lb club but by then u would have moved on the sixty lbs club..but i will catch ya...lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »
You go Girl! You can do it KEKE ;D