Author Topic: if no changes in thyroid meds  (Read 4631 times)

Huh

• View Profile
if no changes in thyroid meds
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:20:08 AM »
 (under medicated) why should I keep going on FTS lifestyle?  From what I have read, if not at proper level with thyroid meds you wont loose weight.
Hello all, a nebie here...so my situation is this...

My PC is the one who Rx, will NOT LISTEN TO ME. I give her all the symptoms I still have . She is strictly by the numbers. After she cut my meds in almost HALF at one time, I ended up in bed for two months too week to get up and function, pain was intense, no appetite and what scared me the most, my ac1 started going up. She still doesn't care.  I was feeling fine before...she didn't like the numbers on bloodwork and decided to decrease meds!!  It is very hard to find a doc who will even prescribe Armour thyroid.
Since her drastic decrease in meds it has affected my fibro, arthritis, digestive issues, sleep, chronic pain, elimination issues, have become type 2 diabetic, etc...to many to mention, and yes, I have pointed all this out to endocrinologists...even a moron can figure out that this has to do with an hypothyroid issue. Hashimotos. 
I know all of you are saying"get a new Dr.", trust me I have gone to more endocrinologists than I can can count. Issue is, I am very sensitive to meds and the conventional meds like synthroid and levoxyl don't work for me, so I take Armour thyroid. Ya, Google it. So, every time i have gone to one I come out being verbally abused (you r a liar, closet eater, one endocrinologist was smirking when I told her what my caloric intake was, so I asked her if I said something funny, and her reply was you being that fat on those little amount of calories, I don't think so, nice try) or told I am crazy for taking that poison. Even tho a couple of them their interest perked up when I mentioned the increase in the AC1 results, however, they are not interested in expanding their horizons or actually helping their patients because they don't believe in Armour. So, yes, I keep looking and trying to find someone who will give me the proper dose because it is impacting every part of my life.
Yes, there are alternative docs, however, can't afford their visits.
Soooooo,  I am seriously wondering if there is any hope for I don't see a change in my situation of having my dose increased.
Any suggestions are welcome, cuz I sure don't see the light at the end of this tunnel.  :-\

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: if no changes in thyroid meds
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »
Huh you need a osteopath. They treat the whole body not just one symptom ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
Huh you need a osteopath. They treat the whole body not just one symptom ;)

I agree! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Huh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:44:28 PM »
Have been looking and none around here. :-[

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 08:20:01 AM »
You can consult with one over the phone just send him your records ;)

Huh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 11:53:34 PM »
huh!! ;D
Really? Is this just in your area or a national thing? Awesome! So if i found one in lets say FLA. I would be able to talk with her/him? Would she/he be able to write Rx too??
Thanks so much for that info. Any one have a good one they would recommend?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:26:07 AM »
huh!! ;D
Really? Is this just in your area or a national thing? Awesome! So if i found one in lets say FLA. I would be able to talk with her/him? Would she/he be able to write Rx too??
Thanks so much for that info. Any one have a good one they would recommend?

Hi, Huh! :)

Most osteopaths (or other prescribing providers) usually must see a patient before drug prescriptions are made. Not sure if this is an FDA requirement or state level.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »
You sounds so very much like me! I have the weird thyroid issues as well and can only take T3 meds such as Cytomel instead of any of the synthetic kinds or even the natural kinds that contain T4. For some reason my body won't convert T4 into T3. Since I started eating low-carb,my thyroid has regulated way better.

I also have many of the same conditions as you such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, lupus, multiple chemical sensitivity you, and chronic Lyme disease. Just to mention a few! I use a naturopathic nurse practitioner in Tallahassee Florida who does very well for all these off-the-wall conditions. Her name is Elizabeth Markovich...
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!