Author Topic: SF Nut & Flax Granola Cinnamon Flavor  (Read 6374 times)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
SF Nut & Flax Granola Cinnamon Flavor
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:45:56 PM »
 >:( Yuck!  Maybe if you are a fan of flax you might like this.  Has a strong after taste.  I paid way too much $7.29 - Netrition. Was hoping for cereal like product but Not!  :o

Rena

Re: SF Nut & Flax Granola Cinnamon Flavor
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
I LOVED this, but it's super high in fat.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:53:45 AM »
I like smaps and the granolas from dixie diner.They are cheaper at netrition than dixie diner though ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
There are few ladies here at my work that have started the program and I gave it to them.  They like it  :o

Rena - had to order 2 more Marshmallow books - they make great gifts.  I love that book  :)  My grandson loves to read the "run, run, run...with me"  :)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »
I love the Smaps and mix in a little of the sensato granola to beef it up a bit but only about half a serving then pour on unsweetened almond milk. yummmm
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
Izzet -- I never thought of mixing them. I'm such a cereal lover, but hate having to order it online. I wish there was just ONE low-carb cereal I could find locally. Even unsweetened puffed wheat is about 11 carbs for a cup. Even so, a cup is a lot more than what the low-carb ones offer per serving.

Amber -- Awww, thanks so much about the books. I hope whoever you give them to enjoy them. I've been playing around with an idea for a sequel, but haven't started writing anything yet. My 5th book was just released -- A NEW FRIEND FOR DILLY. It turned our super cute! I was a little worried because we had to switch illustrators at the last minute, but the new one did a great job. Not only did she keep Dilly like his original illustrator designed him, but she also gave him these great facial expressions. I just got some copies the other day and it's really cute. Thanks again for your support, Amber!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »
Whats your website Rena? :)

Rena

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
Whats your website Rena? :)

http://home.centurytel.net/RickRena/index.html

Although, it needs to be updated for the newest book. They're all available through my publisher @ www.4rvpublishingllc.com as well as Amazon, B&N Online, or through any bookseller.

Thanks for asking, Umpa -- reminded me I needed to get it updated for A NEW FRIEND FOR DILLY!  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »
I need to check it out.Christmas is coming! Grandson is 2 and books are his favorite thing. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 09:23:02 AM »
Am I missing something Rena ??I cant figure out how to order books from your website??I think I am having a blond day! :D :D

Rena

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
Am I missing something Rena ??I cant figure out how to order books from your website??I think I am having a blond day! :D :D

If the links are working, they should take you to my publisher @ www.4rvpublishingllc.com I'll give them a look ...

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »
Wow, Rena are you a writter?  What are the  names of the books?
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Rena

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
Wow, Rena are you a writter?  What are the  names of the books?

Yes, I write picture books for kids ages 4-8. I have 5 out right now, although they're with a small, independent publisher so they're mostly available online or ordered through your local bookseller. They are: A New Job for Dilly, Lemur Troops & Critter Groups, The Marshmallow Man, Stork Musters & Critter Clusters, and A New Friend for Dilly. I have several more due to come out, as well as two middle grade novels.

:) Fun stuff!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »
Grandson is 2 Rena ,which would be best for him as Christmas presents?

Rena

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
Grandson is 2 Rena ,which would be best for him as Christmas presents?

Probably the Critter books, Umpa. There are two of them -- Lemur Troops & Critter Groups and Stork Musters & Critter Clusters. Each book contains 21 short rhymes teaching animal congregations. Most kids know a group of lions is called a pride, but not everyone knows what a group of giraffes are called or a group of turtles, etc. These are great for younger kids because each page is a different animal with just one short rhyme on it -- not a long, drawn out story or anything.

The illustrations in the Critter books are super cute! They were drawn by Nikki Boetger (she went by Shoemaker for the first book). You might have seen some of her work before if you shop at Costco. There are these great big workbooks called The Learnalots and she illustrated them. She did the first 2 books in my Critter series, but I'm having a different illustrator do the third (and possibly the fourth, if that goes under contract). Anyway, Nikki's drawings are adorable and I'm sure your grandson would love the books.

The Marshmallow Man is basically a retelling of The Gingerbread Man story, but with all new characters. Someone gets eaten in the end, just like the original story, so that's always something to consider with the younger ones. My boys think it's hysterical, but they're weird to begin with. In fact, the book was originally their idea! There MIGHT be a sequel to this one someday. Hee hee!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:39:22 PM by Rena »