Author Topic: 4 net carbs PITA  (Read 6539 times)

owensmath

4 net carbs PITA
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:04 PM »
http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10210-Low-Carb-Flax-Omega-3-Pita-Bread

Last night, I went to our church's VBS and one of the ladies came up to me smiling. She said, "Thanks so much for telling me about Fat to Skinny! My book came in today, but I've already lost 5 pounds." She handed me the wrapper for a low carb pita she found at Walmart. I plan to buy it today and try it. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it?

You can click on the nutrition information button on the web site to get more info.

beebs

• View Profile
Re: 4 net carbs PITA
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
I got my pitas from samis.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »
Hi all

I know this is a old post but I found these at my Walmart the other day and wondered the same thing.  They also had the lavish.  It would be nice to be able to find some things local...LOL  any one tried them?? and are they FTS friendly??  Thanks..... some things are so confusing ??? ???

Shawn

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
I made enchiladas out of the lavish bread, worked great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »
I buy samis lavash.Sherripie has a pita tha she likes that is a two ask her. ;)

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »
I just wanted to add that I absolutely love these things.  Usually cutting them in half and stuffing them with something is more than enough to fill me up.  My favorite is chicken,egg or tuna salad.  I also like to use these for individual pizzas.  I find that these make a yummy crispy crust that is different from just using a tortilla. 

My most favorite trick is just recentally I used it to make me a shell for a taco salad.  I sprayed it with cooking spray (olive oil) and draped it over a one cup glass ramekin and baked it until crispy (maybe 10-15 minutes)  I put it in with the taco shells I was heating for my hubs.  Than I filled it with plenty of taco meat using this (http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/seasoning_for_tacos.html) with lettuce and other toppings..... very good and so satisfying  :D :D  In hind sight I wish I would have just made two....Hubs ended up just making a taco salad as well....just using the shells crushed up.  Next time I will do that...LOL 

joagain

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
Too sweet what a good Idea . I mad tacos for the peeps the other night so I made a taco salad but I wanted some chips so I took 1/2 of the lavash bread that Sherriepie told us about rubbed both sides with a little oil and salt put it in the oven for a about 5 minuites and they were very good and crunchy about 10 chips for 4 carbs . I guess I could hang it over something and make a bowl out of it next time . Thanks for the idea !!

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
You bet Jo  :D :D

I like the idea of the chips to.... I might have to make some of those today

Have you tried the microwave cheese crisps?  These are good....I think they taste like the Pepperidge Farm gold fish.  Here is where I found that recipe: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html   I love this site!  Some of her recipes are wonderful  ;D ;D

joagain

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »
Yes for my cheese chips I just cut up some cheese put it in the microwave and let them get where all the holes or it and it is 1 big chip . If you have not tried the pepporonis and cheese in the microwave you need too I found about these when Tyler was diagnosed with Type 1 .

I buy the Hormel Turkey peps put them on a plate  then I cut little cubes of cheese and put some on each pep then I put in the microwave for about 2:45-3 minuites and they are crunchy and delish !! you can just do the peps alone for pepporoni chips put them in a baggy to take with you .

Yes she has alot of great recipes !! Let me know if you try the pepps

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »
I LOVE Josephs Flax Seed Pitas, I get them at Walmart and have been eating them almost every day since I started FTS. A fun thing to do is separate the two sides so you have two round circles. Then cut each side into eight chip size triangles. I bake them in my little handy dandy toaster oven, then put no carb cheese slices on them and retoast. They make amazing nachos! Also you can cut the pita in half, using only one side of the pita. Put butter on both sides, fill with cheese and put in a pan and make a nice grill cheese sandwich. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:38:16 PM by SherriPie »
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
i am glad you told us about them Sherriepie  they are very good not sure if I like the pita better or the lavash bread !

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 09:04:46 PM »
Thanks SherriPie and Jo  :D :D

I love all the great ideas!!!  I had heard that the pepperoni was good that way but haven't tried it yet.  That will be next on my list... Hard to tell I am not eating to gain weight with the all the yummy food we eat....LOL

joagain

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:19:01 AM »
Too sweet you want gain unless you try everything in one day LOL . My hubby has always needed a deseert every night aftr his supper . So I thought well at least I can make Umpas delish desserts . But I am eating those too . So after I make the red velvet cake for them I will just buy non FTS dessert  for hubby to eat I dont need baked goods around me all the time that I can eat  .  I am not gaining but it is causing me not to lose .

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 04:16:44 PM »
Hard to tell I am not eating to gain weight with the all the yummy food we eat....LOL

I know right, it feels like I'm cheating everyday as I pile the whipped cream on my cheesecake. Gotta love FTS!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
I like to use them to make a tuna melt.  I also put philly steak in them, chicken salad as well.  Very versatile and delish.