Recipe Exchange > Child Support (Kid friendly recipes)

Xylitol Snow Cone Syrup

(1/2) > >>

sansucre:
I saw this mentioned on the site but didn't see a follow-up. I just made a snow cone with this syrup and it was GREAT. Boy, did it hit the spot. I have always loved snow cones during the summer and the syrups I bought that were sugar-free left an awful after taste in my mouth. I was really disappointed. I went online and found this recipe. I will also post this in the Child Support area.

1 1/2 cups Xylitol
1 1/2 cups water

Bring to a boil and boil for at least one whole minute to make sure Xylitol is thoroughly dissolved.

Add 2 packages of unsweetened Kool Aid mix (.13oz each) and stir. Let the syrup cool and it's ready to go. I used cherry flavor and it was perfect. I did use the syrup sparingly because I didn't want to over do it but there is so much flavor in this syrup that you won't need to go overboard. I'm thinking about using a diluted version of this to make my own popsicles......  can't wait to try other Kool Aid flavors!

Doug Varrieur:
Coooool  ;) great idea for the kiddies and adults alike..well done!

o0OSusieO0o:
Oh my goodness!!!! I have a really nice snow cone machine, Xylitol & unsweetened kool-aid !!!! Summer hurry up & get here!

umpa:
Susie have you tried Zero? There are no tummy issues if you overindulge ;)

o0OSusieO0o:
Not yet. Will wait until payday. My daughter & I eat with a $100 budget for 2 weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version