Common Questions, Ask Questions Here, Find Answers Here > Sugar Alcohols

Newby-No weight- loss Yet! Why?

(1/3) > >>

Agogo:
I am new to this posting board. I bought the book at the bookstore. I loved it; then I went online and bought everything else including the MP3 book download-even though I already have the book, all the cookbooks, carb-counter etc. Now I am reaching out to the forum gurus to get me enlightened. I started this program ten days ago and I have not deviated whatsoever. I work out a minimum of four times a week-weight lifting or participating in a local program that does an assortment of Pilates/yoga/ballet. I drink lots of water, and drink my coffee with heavy cream, and no alcohol-ever. I eat meat and my veggies all within the FTS rules. I do indulged in SF candies periodically and I have actually baked some of Doug’s wonderful breads specifically the spinach bread and the pumpkin bread and his pumpkin pie—all to my family’s terror and shock—they don’t allow me to cook anything without first notifying the local fire department—OK Home Ed. was never my forte. But, I have successfully created bakeries thanks to Doug’s easy to follow directions and his videos when I am feeling especially literately challenged. My question is because I am not losing weight like everybody else here must I simply revert to just eating meat (unprocessed) and the declared low carb veggies? That question includes –do I omit cheese too? I already understand from reading the posts that I have to throw out the SF candies which I love but hey I love ridding myself of excess fat more. Secondly, do I have to cut out Doug’s fabulous spinach and pumpkin bread too??? Please advise I really want to be a happy success story to add to your forum. If it works for me I can inspire and invite family members to do the same. I am 5’5” and weigh 150 pounds. I eagerly await a response.

Maddysmom:
Hi Agogo and welcome to the forum!  ;D   I sure don't consider myself to be a guru (ha ha), but we're all definitely here to support you.  I would suggest that maybe you post a few days of exactly what you are eating and drinking so some of our moderators can look at it for you.  Sometimes carbs slip in and we don't realize it.  Also, if you find that you are staying at 20 or less carbs and you are not losing, you may have to drop it down to maybe 15 to get going. 

Sounds like you have already checked out the recipe exchange.  Aren't the recipes amazing!
So glad you are here!

mouseissue:
Welcome to the family, Agogo!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yes, maddysmom is right.
If you post your meal plans, we can look at them to see what the problem might be.

Doug set up a special board here for that purpose at;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

The focus of the FTS lifestyle is watching net carb intake and control of portion sizes.
Unlike "diets", we do not focus on fat.
In fact, a number of members have recently reported that their progress improved by eating more fat.

Some of the most supportive people on Earth frequent this forum.
You're gonna like it here! ;)

I'm looking forward to learning about your FTS journey.

Tony

shawn116:
Welcome to the family, Agogo!!   Tony and Maddysmom are right.... you should post a few days of your menu.  It is so easy to not see some carbs that sneak in.  Maybe your portions are a little off??  Did you start off as Doug suggests to find your true eating schedule??  I use to think I had to eat 3 meals a day no matter what....LOL  I might get one good one in only because I have to cook for the hubs  ;)  Other than that I have more or less (what I would have called a snack before FTS) a few times a day.   Also I might add that everyone is different.  Some drop weight fast while others go a bit slow.  Be sure to measure yourself.... with me sometimes when I'm not dropping weight the inches are changing   ;)  Sounds like you have a pretty good start on it all though..... again Welcome and don't be a stranger  ;D ;D

Agogo:
I really appreciate all the feedback. I will go ahead and catalogue my food intake.  Should I omit Doug’s spinach and pumpkin bread? Or is it considered part of the straight forward no or very low carb eating concept?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version