General Category > General Discussion

Break Your Sugar Addiction!

(1/7) > >>

mouseissue:
Hi, Gang! :)

Check this out!
http://blogs.cbn.com/healthyliving/archive/2013/07/03/break-your-sugar-addiction.aspx

What's discussed sounds VERY familiar, doesn't it? ;)

Tony

shawn116:
Yes it does Tony...thanks for sharing that with us.  I think I'm going to give myself a personal challenge to not even have anything artificially sweet for a whole week and see what happens     :o :o  Oh the thought really scares me Haha   which brings me to my point....I think I am still obsessed with anything sweet   :-\   I shall start tomorrow morning and see how long I can go without going nuts   ;D

mouseissue:
Hi, Shawn! :)

I particularly like this statement in the article:

"... if you drink Diet Coke instead of water, you are much, much more likely to indulge in cake,
cookies, candy and so on, because Diet Coke tastes sweet and spurs that craving for more sweets."

The longer we can stay away from sweets, the easier it will be to resist them.
And each day we do it, is a little easier than the last.
After we detox, this is how overcoming ANY addiction works.

Also, this reflects on my insistence that most of us don't drink enough PLAIN water!
When we substitute another beverage in it's place, there is a price to be paid.
I'm not saying that we can't enjoy an occasional drink of something else.
As long as we remember that as recovering carb addicts, we are prone to overdoing it.

Shawn, I know you can resist sweets if you really COMMIT to it EACH day! :) :) :)
Each morning tell yourself, "Today, I will NOT eat sweets!". And don't worry about tomorrow.
Do this one day at a time. ;)

Tony

morgan:
I gave myself that personal challenge - 14 days of no artificial sweetners, sweet things, treats and baked goods.  I only had a few strawberries in the first week.  I'm on day 12 and I can tell you it is the pips, I still crave sweet things.  I thought 2 weeks, as it is 2 weeks for sugar detox.  I just miss having 'something'.  Is it all in my mind? A 'reward' thing?
My time is up on Monday, though that doesn't mean I will hop straight back into 'sweet mode'.  I will just take one day at a time.  I don't want this lifestyle to make an issue of everything I put in my mouth - actually I don't want to think about it at all - just make it a total habit.

PS- going nuts is a prerequisite  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TabyTaby:
Usually, when I restart the FTS lifestyle (so sad I've done this more than once >:O) I abstain from sweeties for a month...because with me, there is no CONTROL...it's either a whole pie or no pie at all...FTS friendly or not. It's best I live as much as possible without real sweets. I just turn to my yogurt instead. Maybe one day I'll have the strength to make it without totally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version