Recipe Exchange > Meal Plans

Skychants mealplan...Thanksgiving week detox

(1/5) > >>

skychant:
I got up early this morning and made a big omlette with two eggs, three slices of ham and a half a cup each of red bell pepper and onion.  I also put a slice of Kraft deli cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan on it.  That took up 10 carbs.  I also drank a Sams Choice caffeine free diet soda.  For lunch I had philly steak on a la tortilla with some sprinkle cheese and a cup of decaf coffee.  This was 5 carbs. For a snack I ate a tin of kippers and for supper I ate a can of Chicken Vienna sausage and a cup of pomegranate green tea sweetened with FTS zero.  15 carbs for the day and I have also been drinking alot of water.  I have been very hungry today.  I do admit that it feel great to be taking control of my health for a change instead of being a sugar fiend.  I am eager to get on the scale in the morning and see the results.

umpa:
Skychant reduce your veggies in  your omelet to 1/4 cup each thats more than enough ;) And lotsa water

shawn116:
I agree with Umpa Skychant.  10 net carbs right off the bat is a bit much.   You can always spend your carbs how you want, but it doesn't give you much wiggle room for the rest of the day.   What you are really going for with those items is just the flavor.  You can accomplish that with even 1/4 cup all together rather than each.  I bet you wont notice that much of a difference.  You did great at 15 net carbs for the day but like you said you felt hungry.  Throw the breakfast, lunch and dinner routine out the window and find your own true hunger schedule ;)  What helped me through detox and the "hungries" (or at least I thought they were "hungries" but really were just habits) was to have lots of 0 carb items around me ready to grab.   Of course it's not great to over do the 0 carb items as a rule....but to get through detox it's a big help.  You might want to try to up your protein and fat intake......Also 0 carb broth is great too.  It helps to replenish the sodium that we are used to consuming with all the processed foods.  Hang in there you are going to do great!!    :D

skychant:
I got on the scale this morning and was happy to see that I lost 5 pounds my first day.  For breakfast this morning I ate turkey sausage and eggs scrambled together...5 carbs, I drank a Sams diet caffeine free soda.  I drank a cup of coffee that was decaf...1 carb.  For lunch I ate a boca burger wrapped in a la tortilla with mustard and deli cheese and a dill pickle slice...5 carbs.  For a snack I had some squash casserole I found in the freezer...I guess that was around 6 carbs.  For supper I ate sirloin steak that was grilled...0 carbs.  I drank a cup of sugar cookie sleigh ride tea sweetened with FTS zero.  I also ate 2 pieces of Werthers sugar-free candy.  I drink lots of water.  I haven't been as hungry today.  After the loss I had this morning I will be suprised if I lose in the morning...can't wait to see.

shawn116:
Looks great!!!   :) :)  Congratulations on those 5 lbs gone again   ;D  Keep in mind as you weigh yourself everyday that it is normal to fluctuate from day to day.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version