General Category > Events, Announce Events Here

The NEW Incredible Edible Christmas Contest!

(1/5) > >>

Doug Varrieur:
The NEW Incredible Edible Christmas Contest!

OK gang I'll this easy this time :) I'm looking for very very unique low carb recipes for Christmas dinner. When I say unique I'm talking about unique. For example roasted Yak, great meat by the way  8) Here's the rules;

1- All recipes post on this thread
2- 4 winners will receive an original copy of FTS self published edition and a bottle of Zero
3- 1 winner to be chosen by Umpa and I for each of the following categories  Entree, Side, Dessert, Beverage
4- The recipe must be part of your Christmas dinner with picture posted once made. Post the recipe in advance then go back and update it with the photo. This is a chance to have a really special Christmas dinner  8)

That's it! Let's have some fun on Dec 25th  ;D

Doug Varrieur:

Herb And Dijon-Crusted Christmas Yak Tenderloin (serves 2)

Ingredients:

1 Yak tenderloin, trimmed - (about 20 ounces)
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs - (including thyme, basil - and rosemary)
Salt and black pepper
3/4 cup ground pork rinds
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon herbs and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat, and sear tenderloin on all sides until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large roasting pan, and roast to desired doneness (10 to 12 minutes for medium rare). Remove from oven, and let rest 3 minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine remaining herbs with pork skin crumbs, and season with a little salt and pepper. Spread mustard over top of tenderloin, and press seasoned bread crumbs onto mustard to form a crust.
4. Heat remaining oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Place tenderloin crust side down in pan, and cook until crust is golden brown. Transfer to a board, and let rest until ready to carve.

You can order your Yak meat online here- http://www.hawk-n-yak-ranch.com/

morgan:
Where would one even buy yak?

Looks good though. :)

mdanziger:
Is it safe to assume this recipe would work well with any other roast.... assuming yak isn't readily available at my local supermarket?

Doug Varrieur:
Hi Morgan, I posted the link to buy Yak online here in the states, Yes, mdanziger, any beef, bear, lamb...they would all work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version