Author Topic: Cleaning out the cabinets  (Read 1716 times)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Cleaning out the cabinets
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Ok everyone, I've started cleaning out my cabinets today to get rid of all my sugar. Yes, 3 weeks after starting, but my husband just got on board this week so I hadn't taken anything out. My question to you all - did anyone else have a little mini panic attack about how empty everything is?! :o  Freaking out a little! 

Mimzy

• View Profile
Re: Cleaning out the cabinets
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
Don't feel bad that it has been 3 weeks, I still haven't!  But I won't either, because I have too many people living at home. 

Having other food in the house just makes me stronger! :D  I haven't eaten anything other then FTS food since I started! ;D

joagain

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »
I didnt either my husband still eats like a person that does not know better . I make sandwich's every morning for his lunch ,plus chips cookies . Plus I have to have things with real sugar here to raise Tyler's sugar when it goes low . I had to be very strong at first ,now it is not a problem most of that stuff stinks .

The only thing that I ever think about eating is a piece of fresh bread , I have never quit WANTING a piece ,I have quit CRAVING it ,but still WANT it. BUt I have not had a piece of bread since Sept 20 th .   ;D ;D
But if everyone in your house is doing FTS then clean it out baby !!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Same here Jo.  I pack my husband's lunch every morning....sandwich, chips, and something sweet.  Also my daughter, age 19, is with us until the Fall Semester stars in August.  She still has to have all her favorite treats in the house.  I think one of the greatest things about FTS is that the cravings do go away.  I would rather have my FTS treats that their junk anyday!  It's funny, but they won't even TRY the sugar free things I bake.  I kind of like that way....more for me!!   lol 

joagain

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »
Thats what I say to Ty and his dad I ask them to try it once if they say no I say ok ,more for me ! Tyler is about half way in he likes the brownies the peanut butter cookies, the wraps we make pizzas . They do eat my fried chicken .

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
Good for you Jen :) The truth is the people in the home will eat what the cook feeds them  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »
I didn't clean out mine either because I have 4 kids who are all really skinny. They've been pretty good trying the stuff we make, so hopefully it's helping. Plus, my boys have started reading labels. Since they're 12 and 9, I think that's a good thing. We've become a kind of 'fend-for-yourself' family when it comes to mealtimes, but that's okay too.