Author Topic: Breakfast ideas for travel --  (Read 5544 times)

Rena

Re: Breakfast ideas for travel --
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
No, Mimzy, it won't, but we'll have a mini fridge. It's just that I'm flying from Montana to Florida, so I'm limited on what I can take and where I can stop. We're taking a Disney bus from the airport right to the Wilderness Lodge, so I won't have access to a car. As soon as it gets closer, I'll see how much my bag weighs and if I can add one of the cartons of almond milk that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Weight is an issue, as well as liquids.

Some GG Crispbread, Beanit Butter, and Walden Farms Fruit Spread might make a good breakfast on days we're eating in. I'll probably bring that along with my Smaps cereal and maybe a few Atkins bars. Maybe I can find hard-boiled eggs in the walk-up places and take them back to my room. That would be perfect. Our first day at Animal Kingdom we're signed up for a big breakfast buffet, but I can't really carry any leftovers around with me all day. If I could -- I would!  :D

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »
I am sure it will all work out okay, just as my vacation did.  I have been to Disneyland more times then I can count but I have never been to WDW.  You could always fly down to Utah and pick me up ;D  I am sure we would have plenty of laughs!  When are you leaving?  Did you get into your mickey mouse shorts?

Rena

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 11:54:51 PM »
I am sure it will all work out okay, just as my vacation did.  I have been to Disneyland more times then I can count but I have never been to WDW.  You could always fly down to Utah and pick me up ;D  I am sure we would have plenty of laughs!  When are you leaving?  Did you get into your mickey mouse shorts?

LOL @ Disneyland. I'm originally from SoCA and have been there more times than I can even remember, too. This will be my first trip to WDW though. My husband, boys, and ILs have all been before, so I'm the 'newbie' on this trip. We keep joking and saying my MIL has a new victim. She's a total Disney fanatic. And hey, I will be in Utah the same day we leave on May 14th, so hop on over and I'll try to stick you in my bag. :D Our flight goes to SLC and then we transfer planes for Orlando. Where in UT are you? We traveled through it a lot before moving up here. We often stayed at Zion NP and then Cherry Hill RV Park in Farmington before heading up into Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Beautiful area! We always stopped near Bear Lake for raspberry shakes. OMG -- so good!

As for those Mickey Mouse shorts -- I'm really trying! I've had them since the mid-90s when my girls were little. I had gotten back down to a decent weight finally and then got pregnant with my boys. Each time I got pregnant, I'd put on something like 50 pounds. I was real good at maintaining it forever, too. So, I'm trying real hard to fit into those stupid shorts. It's giving me something to work for though, which is always a good thing. :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
Rena, there will be a Publix supermarket close to Disney, a quick cab ride to the grocery store and many of your issues are resolved :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
Hi Rena! :)

Wow!... I didn't know that you too are another SoCA refugee! :D

I was born in the city of LA. When I was 16, moved to the San Fernando Valley.
Lived there until I graduated college then moved to Washington in 1976.

Even back in the mid-70s, SoCA was getting far too crowded for me.
What you do today is what matters!

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 11:24:58 AM »
I too am originally from So Ca.  I live just south of SLC,  I moved here 7 1/2 years ago and I still haven't figured out why... except for the mountains are so beautiful.  I go to Great Falls Mo.  once in awhile to visit my sister in law.  Bear Lake is my summer stomping ground, we usually go there a couple of times for week long stays. I love it there.
 I hope you have a wonderful vacation.  Maybe, someday we can meet up with our skinny little bodies ;D

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
Mouseissue,  I moved from So.Ca in the early 70's and went to the Pacific Northwest where I spent most of my life.  Finally, I got tired of the rain and gloom.  It is beautiful country though!

Rena

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Doug -- Thanks for the info on Publix. If I can swing a trip out, I will. I was really hoping I'd find a Publix in Billings this weekend, but there wasn't one.

Tony -- Yes, we're originally from Ojai, California, which is just 50 miles north of Los Angeles. I was born in Santa Barbara, but spent most of my life in the Ojai Valley. It's a small area, probably mostly well known for being the town they filmed The Bionic Woman in. It was a nice place to grow up. I spent over 40 years there. When we'd vacation, we'd drive our RV up to Grand Teton & Yellowstone. In 2005 we made our trip a little longer and ventured up to Glacier NP. A year later, we moved here and are less than an hour from the West Entrance of Glacier now.

Mimsy -- That's great you go to Bear Lake a lot. It's really pretty. We would drive by it on our way into the parks and would always stop for raspberry shakes.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
Rena I live 5 minutes from WDW. If you need anything let me know and I would be more than happy to pop it by. I can also tell you that the Publix with all the good stuff is right down the street from WDW. Also, there is a huge Walmart near there that we call the "tourist" Walmart that carries loads of low carb fun stuff. You'll have no trouble getting what you need while your here.

Do pack for warm weather though. It's already in the 90's and getting humid. It's been wonderful!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 02:28:37 PM »
SherriPie -- You are SOOOOO sweet to offer! Thank you! I'll definitely keep you in mind. Let me see how much my bag weighs and I will decide how much food to bring. Most of the time we'll be eating out, but I do plan to bring some stuff. I'm just at the mercy of airlines, no car, weight restrictions, hotel rooms, and all that stuff. Thank you so much!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 06:34:53 PM »
If you guys meet up that will be sooooo cool :) make sure to take pictures!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)