Author Topic: Just getting started and am so hungry today!?  (Read 3183 times)

stevendawn1990

• View Profile
    • Email
Just getting started and am so hungry today!?
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
I read the book front to back on Saturday and started implementing right away. Have done well but today I am hungry, hungry, hungry. I ate a great lunch and yet 2 hours later I feel like I haven't eaten in forever.  So I had some almonds, then some cheese, and still feel hungry. I drink lots of water already and of course, as we all know, water doesn't hit the spot when you want to eat. I don't know what to go to since I so used to eating fruit in between meals or making a smoothie...any suggestions?

krystlestar00

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just getting started and am so hungry today!?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »
Keep drinking water that's what I did.  I starting implementing the program may 29th and the first few days were a killer. My stomach would constantly be growling even soon after eating. It can take a couple of days to a week for your body to detox from sugar. After that time you should be feeling better, not be craving junk, and not feel very hungry at least that's what happened for me after 3 days.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum stevendawn1990  You are going to be dealing with the sugar detox on top of old habits that you have been used to, so it's a bit uncomfortable to start off.  For me it helped a great deal to just keep it simple.  Definitely keep up the water but I found myself wanting to munch all the time in the first week.  I know I wasn't really hungry (sometimes I was starving though)  but just needed to be munching.  Try to keep as many 0 carb items around as possible to get you through that detox stage.  Once you get through that your cravings will go away.  Just keep track and stay under the 20 net in a day  ;)  I always keep individual servings of cheese, meats, nuts, hard boiled eggs, celery, zucchini and jicama sticks, beef sticks, pork rinds...etc You will do great...just stick to the FTS plan...you will be amazed at how great you feel.   :D

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:52:05 AM »
Could that hunger feeling be caffeine?  When I have caffeine, it gives me this feeling in the pit of my stomach that feels like hunger. 

Are you eating enough?  And with me (and I realize others eat low fat) I have to have enough fat in my food.  It satiates me longer and keeps my from being hungry or craving anything carby.....

Good luck to you! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 10:41:53 AM »
Welcome stevendawn1990! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.You have been given great advice.I think alot of times meal and snack times become habit.  ;)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »
I agree with Umpa -- habit and "eating by the clock" instead of true hunger.  Maybe writing down what  you eat with the quantities and the time you eat and posting it for us to review would help.  It helped me a couple months back and I found out I was engaging in sneaky carbs in condiments.  Also knowing your height weight could help us determine if you are eating enough -- also, how active you are, etc.  Just a suggestion.... :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »
I agree ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Just getting started and am so hungry today!?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:41 AM »
That's very true Elizabeth and toosweet,  it could be a variety of reasons and yes fat would help her to feel satiated longer through the detox and also consume it as a part of her daily food intake after detox since fat is the preferred source of energy for the body. :)

buddy and christina

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »
we totally agree with toosweet and jay12, perfectly explained.  the first day/week is the hardest but it gets easier, thankfully.  you can make a berry smoothie in the fts book.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
The answer is simple.....EAT  :o I never want you to feel famished. You are indeed going through detox and it will pass. The foods to eat during this time are heavy foods like steak, ground beef, fats like cheese or chicken wings, skin on. eat slow and then take a 15 minute break, if you're still hungry eat a bit more protein and fats...soon you'll feel full and will stay full for quite a long time. Don't worry about your weight loss until you get your body balanced. This is very typical, not to worry. Once your body chemistry is in better balance you'll be able to get a tighter control on your portion sizes, when you should eat and what should be on your plate. Hang in there! 8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)