Author Topic: FATTY LIVER  (Read 4419 times)

cautionfriday

FATTY LIVER
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:02:51 AM »

Hello Doug,
I bought your book a couple of months ago  :) Read it all within almost 2 hours that same day. I put off doing your diet for awhile because I wanted to do it with a person but couldnt find anyone to do it with. Yesterday morning I found out I have fatty liver and remember I had downloaded your book... Would your diet help in anyway with my fatty liver? If so, how? Thank you Doug :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: FATTY LIVER
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
Great question and welcome to the forum, now you have lots of people to do this eating plan with. Fatty Liver is considered a problem when 10 percent or more of the organ's weight is fat. While fat in the organ is normal, excess adipose tissue can lead to complications. In some cases, the liver may become inflamed. Inflammation leads to steatohepatitis, when alcohol is a factor. When alcohol is not a factor, the condition is called NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis). Over time, the liver may become scarred and it may harden. When this occurs, the condition has progressed into cirrhosis, a very serious health problem that can lead to liver failure.

Causes;
The liver is responsible for breaking down fats and when the organ is flooded with excess fat and calories on a regular basis, it is unable to break down the fats as it normally would. This leads to a build up of excess fat in the organ. People who are diabetic or have high triglycerides or are obese or abuse alcohol (which metabolizes into triglycerides) are at risk not only for Fatty Liver but organ fat build up in general.

We don't think of the FAT inside our bodies building up we only think of the FAT we can see. The truth is however FAT infiltrates our entire body including our organs. Fatty Liver and Fat around the heart are especially dangerous for our health.

Solution;

Get the weight off, eat plenty of low sugar green veggies, lean meats,poultry,fish and soy, use healthy fats like olive oil when cooking, watch your alcohol intake, actually quit alltogether if you can and lose not only the FAT you can see but the FAT you can't see as well.

Will the FAT TO SKINNY eating plan help your Fatty Liver, YES if you keep to the program and mix up your proteins throughout the week as taught in the book. Stay under 20 carbs per day as your weight is dropping off and watch those nasty triglycerides come back into a normal range.

I want to remind you and anyone else reading this post, I am not a doctor, please keep in close contact with your doctor before changing your eating plan to make sure it fits your personal profile.

CLICK THIS LINK FOR A MORE DETAILED EXPLINATION- http://www.acg.gi.org/patients/gihealth/fld.asp?mode=print&
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)