Author Topic: How many carbs in eggs?  (Read 7749 times)

joagain

Re: How many carbs in eggs?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
6 pounds that is great ,it does take getting use to but once you are sugar free you will not believe how good you feel !!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
Welcome Beth823! That is great! I am umpa dougs wife,I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.If I  can help you please ask. Do not go without anything! We have replacements for everything! ;)

Back to the egg subject,we love eggs so much doug is buying chickens!Downeast I think i am gonna need your help! :D

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »
Thank you umpa I have been looking the forums and yours is full of great recipes.  I am worried that I will miss all of the fruits that I love.  I am trying to stick to berries right now to stay low in carbs.  I think watermelon is low too.  How often do you suggest I eat fruit?  Also mouseissue said to NOT worry about calories. Is that true. Sorry not doubting you mouseissue but that goes against everything I have always read and heard.  Ia appreciate any advice.  Thanks again I am ready to feel great!

joagain

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
Everything we have read and heard is why we are fat !! Of course you dont pig out but no you do not have to count calories just carbs . If you want fruit you just measure it out and use it against your 20 carbs .
 But you will find out that somethings or not worth using more then half your carbs for . You could  eat a whole bag of culiflower or broccoli for what 1 cup of fruit is equal to in carbs . FTS is all about choices ,learning to make good ones !!!
 It will get easier !!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:50 AM »
Hi Beth! :)

If you have not done so already, I STRONGLY urge you to read Doug's little yellow FAT To Skinny book.
It is very apparent in the book that calories are NOT the focus of the FTS lifestyle.
Net carbohydrates and portion sizes are!

Personally, I've read the book about 6 times.
Every time I read it, something else jumps out at me!
What you do today is what matters!

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »
Thanks again mouseissue and Jo. I have read the book but I think I will again. Wow that is a lot of cauliflower and broccoli-great fiber too. I am sure I will learn how to make those good choices.  When you were new did you write everything you ate down?

joagain

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 01:57:23 PM »
Beth I still write everything down and it has been close to 7 months , I am a very slow loser and I want tohave everything down so I can  see if I am doing something wrong when I dont lose .
 I have been on a stall for awhile now so I am posting my mealplan everyday started it on the 8th have not been on the scale since then either ,hopefully when I get on the 25th It will show a loss .

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2345.0

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
OK I better start keeping track.  I have this great app on my IPad it is called My Fitness Pal.  But I am always under carbs and over fat/calories because the % aren't the same as FTS.  But at least I can track.  Thanks Jo.  Good luck with your eating plan.  It looks like I would be so hungry eating what you have been lately!

joagain

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 04:36:03 PM »
beth after a few months you are not hungrry anymore it is the carbs that keep the hunger coming ! ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
Beth just carbs,no calories. You get 20 carbs a day to spend.If you are craving fruit eat it.My favorite fruit salad is strawberries and avocado with a splash of lemon juice.I am in florida right now and we have avocados as big as softballs!Its good to write things down while you are learning,but soon you will be a label reading fanatic and be shocked at whats in food and make better choices without looking or writing things down. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
Hi Beth! :)

I'm my 36th week of FTS and I still write down everything I eat.
I could do this without writing everything down. But, I find that this help keep me on track and I learn how new foods (and new food combinations) effect me.

I have the FitDay 2.0 app on my PC. I transcribe my food notes into it almost daily.
Among other things, it graphs my progress.
It too, like most fitness trackers, is "calorie oriented". But I know better than to count calories. So I just use it for it's graphic capabilities.
What you do today is what matters!