Author Topic: Hi FTS family  (Read 7461 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
Hi FTS family
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »
Hi everyone -- I missed you all last week, realize I was sort of MIA last week. 

First the refrigerator died and you know how crazy that makes your life for a few days......then there was that stress and other stress, and I started eating sugar/flour, and then was breaking out with hives so on lots of benadryl.....

then got back on track about Saturday and started cutting out the bad carbs.....so then the low carb FLU hit me on Sunday....oh my gosh it was bad this time -- felt like partly bad hangover and bad flu.....was sicker than a dog.  And I was trying to function at work and well it was just bad bad bad....I googled low carb flu and someone had suggested to eat more fat.  So I had some butter with me and I started eating that and IT WORKED.....Within 30 minutes i felt much better and so I ate a piece of butter from time to time for the rest of the shift, and I've been bak on track ever since.  Oh, and as soon  as low carb flu which is really withdrawal symptoms from flour/sugar, the itchies totally have gone away, no more hives, and nomore Benadryl. 

Sooooooooooooooo how have things been around here?  I've got to get some sleep, but will be on days off next three days so will come back and catch up with other threads.....

Hang in there everyone -- we have to stick together -- non FTS people don't know how it is....we know what it takes to keep on track or get back on track when we need ti. 

And remember to drink enough water now that it's getting hot. 

Hug.....

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi FTS family
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »
Hi Elizabeth we missed you :) What did you put the butter on?

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
That's a great tip...adding extra fat to help you through the detox   ;)  I've been experimenting with the bulletproof coffee that someone mentioned in another post. I had never heard of it before and I didn't think I would like it but it's really quite good!   :o  Surprised me....Haha 

Basically it's just adding butter and coconut oil to your coffee.  I also added a few drops of zero for sweetness.  I know it may sound weird....it did to me at first, but if you like cream in your coffee it's not much different in taste.  This allows you to add extra amount of good fats to your diet.   Coconut oil is getting more and more good reports...touting how healthful it is to brain function (ie...people with diabetes, dementia and alzheimer's) along with other healthful effects on the body.   Surprisingly it helps to keep me full and satisfied for longer in the mornings.  Lots of energy as well.  I guess what I'm saying this might be a good and tasty way to help get through that detox.   If you like coffee anyway   ;D ;D

I'm glad you are feeling better and are back with us  ;) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
I read the same thing.I bought some for doug to play with ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »
Coconut oil is great stuff for your health! 8)
And since it's virtually tasteless, you can add it to just about anything.

I buy LouAnn brand at Walmart for about $5 for a 30 ounce bottle.
A bottle goes quite a long way, too! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »
Yes I put VCO and HC with ezsweet in my coffee . I love it ,but oly if I use my little ninja and make it frothy . If you just stir it in the ol just floats around on top

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
Hi everyone -- just got home from working OT for a gal who is sick....

So Umpa -- I just took my spoon and took off a little piece and just ate it -- without it being on anything!  I told

TooSweet -- I like bulletproof coffee also -- but I like it hot. OH, I just realized I could blend that in the blender and still have it hot, but it would be better mixed.....yummmmm, will have to try that tomorrow.   I have coconut oil from Costco, can't remember the brand name, but sometimes I just have a spoonful plain out of the jar. 

Well detox is over, and with stress today had some temptations and not wanting to go through detox again helped keep my resolve strong. 

Tony, that is a great price for 30 oz at Walmart -- I'll have to check that out.  I really need to get to the store and get some of my foods in the new fridge anyway. 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 04:10:11 AM »
Sounds like this is an acquired taste coz it doesn't sound that great. Coconut oil here costs about $10/500g jar. Bit pricey. Does it taste/smell coconut-y?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 08:40:18 AM »
I miss coffee :'( Morgan I add it to baked goods for moisture.I bought doug some to cook with.Its wicked healthy. Its also very good for dry feet and elbows.Just rub it on feet and put socks on  at bedtime ;)

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
Does it taste/smell coconut-y?

Not at all Morgan.   :)  I love to use it when I need a little oil in the pan or in baking.  It's also great to make homemade chocolates  ;)

Umpa are you not able to have coffee??  Oh the horror!!   :o :o
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:38:12 PM by TooSweet »

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
Jo thanks for the tip!  I have one of those stick blenders and a ninja...I'll blend it and see if I like it even better  ;D

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 05:03:50 AM »
I like the coconut flavor -- I find it mildly coconut tasting....it's not a flavor I crave, but I have a spoon now and then just because i know it's good for me, and I feel better and do better when I get enough healthy oils in me. 

I'll have to try it on my heels with some socks.  I'd do it now but toenails are wet with polish.....which

BY THE WAY is really sort of a non scale victory for me to even be able to reach my toes now and give myself a pedicure....couldn't do that 40 plus pounds ago.....

I'm so happy on my lil FTS journey....you know now I've lost all but one pound I gained on last week's fall off the FTS Wagon. 

Tonight I went to the store and got all the foods I need to have a successful FTS food week.  I'm on a stretch which is when you work shift work with different days off and every so often you have to move to another schedule and it causes an extra long work week, so I got all my foods and they are all ready to go in the ice chest.....

speaking of foooooooooooooooooooooddddd.....I made some cheesecake tonight....LC of course, but I also made one more cheesecake and added key lime juice and som extra FTS drops and it is DElicious.....very very yummm yummmmm good.  It needed a little just more sweetner, so I put my little piece in a bowl, added a sprinkle of splenda and gave it a swirl with some sugar free whipped cream....and it was yummmm

also, bought stuff to make some lc yogurt in my crock pot....hae been checking that out, am going to have just a little at a time and add some fresh berries or some FTS sweetner and vanilla etc or lemon extract etc....yummmmm

hope you all have a good weekend, I have to work and doing music for church etc, so will be bozo busy and probably not on here.....everyone remember to drink your water now that it is so hot. 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
Hi Elizabeth779 - glad you are doing so well, congrats.  It's hard to believe you're in summer reminding everyone about their water.  Here in Australia it is freezy cold and winter and making supreme effort to drink that water because even sitting on the bench it is like ice water (I really prefer my water room temp but not when it feels I live in an igloo :D).

Still, look at you, all planned and ready to go.  No obstacle too big.  You should be so proud of yourself.

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »
Congratulations Elizabeth!!!  Love those non scale victories  ;D ;D  I'm very interested in that yogurt you are making...please share the recipe and how it comes out   ;)  I would love to make my own. 

Morgan I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how we are in opposite seasons...LOL  It just seems sooo wrong in the middle of our summer to be telling someone to stay warm....Hahaha   But do stay warm girl!!   ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 08:31:30 AM »
Yeah Liz!!! You go girl!! I remember when I could first reach my toes ,it was cool!  8)