Author Topic: I Need Help, I Don't Know How To Start, I Lack Motivation :(  (Read 13053 times)

nora

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Know How To Start, I Lack Motivation :(
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
 :) thanx!!

Jenntucson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 04:05:30 AM »
Hello, I am new to this, did atkins years ago , developed a dairy, egg allergy.Cannot eat these any more, will this be hard to stick to without dairy, eggs, etc.? Also , how do I encourage my husband, who is 40 lbs overweight, close to diabetic, and high blood pressure? He wont go low carb....

joagain

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 06:09:05 AM »
I just make things & if he wants to taste them that is great . My husband wants his junk so you have to leave them behind & hope they will follow , I made some cornbread the other day and he ate it . I couldnt believe it . The egg & dairy question someone else will have to help you with that I am sure they will give you plenty of ideas !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »
Welcome jenn Tucson! The difference between atkins and fat to skinny is we Replace all your *bad* foods we don't remove them .That way when you lose your weight you don't go back to the *bad * foods and gain the weight back.Its a vicious cycle.We are a lifestyle change.We have vegetarians here that do just fine.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.As far as your husband  is concerned,(or as I tell people with kids) just cook don't tell them .That way you can get a guage on what they like without preconcieved notions.I find with most men they lose weight extremely fast so once they can see their toes again they would eat car tires if they had to!If I can help please ask. ;)

Jenntucson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »
Hello. Thank you , I will try recipes, but are there plenty without eggs and dairy? Also, I am switching computers tomorrow, My son will be taking over my laptop, I'm getting a large screen.So If I bought the download, is it tranferrable to new computer.Sorry -not super tech savvy....Thanks, wish we all had place in person to meet. That would be great!!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 09:20:41 AM »
Yes , if you have a problem let doug know. :)