Author Topic: New here from Illinois  (Read 2535 times)

montgomeryjl

• View Profile
    • Email
New here from Illinois
« on: December 22, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »
Hi everyone. My name is Jordan! Haven't been on here long enough to read up on anything. Just figured I'd jump right on in. Hoping that I can find some easy recipes and motivation to get back into shape. A little about me....I'm 27 and have a fiancé and a 3 year old son and 11 year old step son. I am a former marine (which makes my weight gain even more embarrassing). I am open to trying any kind of new food ideas. Preferably easy stuff since my fiancé is a picky eater lol so last time I dieted I was basically on my own with very little cooking experience. Anyways, I look forward to learning some new things as well as getting/giving some motivation which I feel is a huge part of the whole process.

o0OSusieO0o

Re: New here from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 01:01:24 AM »
Hi Jordan,
Welcome! I'm in California and lost 77 lbs. I'm loving cooking & baking the low carb way. It's one day at a time, then one week at a time, then one month at a time and before you know you've lost more weight than you've ever thought possible and by eating so much great tasting food.
Doug, Umpa and "family" will be posting soon & you'll see how wonderfully supportive they are. If I can help, I'm here for you as well.

~Susie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
Hello montgomeryjl, welcome to the party :) If you follow the FAT TO SKINNY plan you'll be down to boot camp weight in no time! The key is understanding that the only thing that creates fat cells in the human body is excess glucose. Glucose comes to us in many hidden ways. Watch this video and you'll have a better understanding.

I Used To Be A FAT MAN! Not any more!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 10:41:13 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Jordan!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

If you have not read Doug's book "FAT To SKINNY Fast & Easy", then please do so.
In it, you will learn how folks like me went from unhealthy and embarrassingly FAT to lean!

And please join us frequently in our discussions on this forum.
You will find help here that you will not find anywhere else at any price... And it's FREE! ;D

BTW, thank you for your service to our country.
There are many in service right now that cannot be with their families for the holidays.
They are ALL in our thoughts and prayers.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum family Jordan   :)

Take some time to look around the forum...you'll find plenty of easy recipes and if you need any help please ask.  We've got some pretty creative cooks around here and we all love food  ;D ;D  If it's motivation and support then you've come to the right place.  Come in often and join in on the conversations....it's a great way to stay on track and you get to hang out with some pretty awesome folks.   :D    Oh and thank you for your service   :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »
Welcome Jordan! :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.Thank you for your service to our country.I have a column on the homepage called Ask Umpa where I can convert your favorite favorite recipes to Fat to Skinny friendly. You can do this and we are gonna help!

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 09:30:07 AM »
Welcome Jordan,

One of the best things Doug did when developing the Fat to Skinny program is to substitute low carb versions of the food we love rather than eliminating them.  That makes it much easier to stick with it for the long term.  It truly is a lifestyle rather than a diet.

On this program, you can still have most of the things you love, like Mac and Cheese, cake, chocolate, mashed "potatoes" etc.  You just find low carb ways of replacing the "bad" foods with good.  Look at the recipes and you will be amazed at what people come up with.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 07:06:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum family Jordan, sit right down and make yourself comfortable.  We are all here to help you and each other.  Ask anything you want, someone here will be able to give you an answer.  Cruise the topics, there are some fantastic recipes and advice out there.

Looking forward to hearing from you often.