Author Topic: Day 4 and the Weekend!  (Read 7039 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Day 4 and the Weekend!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 12:51:38 PM »
Hi, Elizabeth779! :)

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better and thinking more clearly. :) :) :)
Sugar really messes us up in so many ways.
And getting it out out of our lives, makes ALL the difference.

People that are natural "givers" of themselves often tend not to take good care of themselves. So you're not alone.
But if you think of yourself as a "vehicle" for the of care for others,
you will understand that maintenance of that "vehicle" is VERY important.
If the "vehicle" breaks down, then the care it delivers, will also.

When I'm under enormous stress, I take more time to spend in quiet fellowship and prayer with the Lord.
He can and WILL strengthen you if you ask for it and BELIEVE that He has already done it.
With that kind of true faith, the Lord will work miracles in your life because you've opened the door to His power.

And finally, always set aside some "me" time everyday.
As little as 15 minutes  a day can be very refreshing and rejuvenating.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »
Dear morgan .  It is hard but we can control the fall and stop the fall to rock bottom  we only have to control the 8 feet around us.

If you are comfortable please share your obstacles.  They will offer sugfestions to face them.  

Sherry the 8 foot thing is amazing  absolutely amazing give me a couch to jump onto that is so helpful.  I wish I had heard that a long time ago even but dang ive heard it now and here I go.  Im getting up and morgan im hitching up my big girl   undies and im going to face day 8 ......8 Feet At A Time.    Morgan we are still doing this together friend.  

8 FEET AT A TIME!  

Sherry gave us a mantra and marching orders!  Hug  

Hi tony.  I started to miss your post and just saw it.  You know you strike me as a "deep and soulful thinker."  You give great advice and so to the  point.  I am neglecting my own prayer timecwith iur Lord.  I always am fighting the "martha, martha" syndrome.  Haha  funny but true .   He is my strength always.  My priest always reminds me to remember "Be still, and know that I am God."  Hmmmmmm think I will drag out that music for choir to sing for prelude.  Tony you are so inspirational. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:31:49 PM by Elizabeth779 »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
 ;D

madoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »
Elizabeth, I SOOOO get what you're saying.  I work full time and have 2 young children, so weekends are a HUGE distraction, more like  attraction to all "the stuff".   

Tony, you are absolutely correct, a few minutes of connecting with yourself does the trick.  For me, its mindfulness about my faith, 5-7 deep breaths and a short walk in the parking lot/backyard/ or wherever you are.

Also, just off topic for a minute, I read (on the FTS site) about planning and entering your menu for the next day (on whatever app you use, I use my fitness pal).  It has worked WONDERS and kept me focused for the last 5 days, without any stress or confusion.  Also managed to keep WELL under 20 net carbs.  Yippeeee!!!

Cheers and stay the course :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »
You got this Madoctor ;)