Author Topic: What did you eat on the 4th?  (Read 4803 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
What did you eat on the 4th?
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
I hope everyone had a great 4th! I fired up the smoker and smoked big fat turkey legs and baby back ribs. I seasoned them with Montreal steak seasoning and used apple wood for the smoke. During the last 20 minutes of cooking I generously coated all the meat with my fav BBQ sauce made with my Sweet n' Heat BBQ sauce recipe here- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=5367.0

On the side we had a fresh garden salad with lettuce from our garden, red bell pepper, cukes and tomato.

For dessert Umpa went all out with a Mango Banana Cheesecake with Mango whipped cream! DELISH :o :o

I know what you're thinking Mango and Banana how'd she pull that off carb free? Easy....she used carb free emulsions   ;)

Our dinner was wonderful, we sat on our front porch overlooking the mountains and enjoyed the 65 degree temps and the rain. When the rain broke the clouds drifted in and we were literally in the clouds while we ate....  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What did you eat on the 4th?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
I also threw 4 heads of garlic in the smoker for later use in dips and sauces.Smoked garlic is much stronger so a little goes a long way ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »
I barbecued sirloin cheeseburgers and chicken legs, thighs, and breasts.
For BBQ sauce, I used Doug's Sweet n' Heat BBQ sauce.

For the burgers, added some dill pickle slices, Roma tomatoes, and white onion (that was pre-sliced and refrigerated the night before), a little LC ketchup & mustard, all served in lettuce wraps.
I found that doing that with onion takes away some of the strength and brings out a more sweet onion flavor.

Made a sort of lettuce medley salad with a few thin sliced turnips.
For dressing, made homemade raspberry vinaigrette and mayo dressing.

For beverages, had Costco Vita-Rain 0 carb drinks.

And for dessert, 1/2 cup Breyer's Carbsmart Ice Cream with raspberries all topped with Land O' Lakes canned whip cream!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: What did you eat on the 4th?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 11:05:51 PM »
I ate some lamb and spinach with Blue Bell ice cream no sugar added. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:12:01 AM »
I love lamb! Jay doug just made rabbit it was wicked good. ;)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
I made July the 4th the day that I officially got back on track because I want to be free.  Being obese is like being in a prison of sorts and by Next July 4th I want to be a healthy size. Instead of hotdogs and chips...I stir fryed some chuck steak and peppers and onions.  I also enjoyed some decaf ice tea I brewed and made with FTS zero.  My pepper steak was a hit.  This time there is no going back for me.  My favorite meals are low carb.  I know that I can be successful and look forward to watching my scale go down and stay down.  I hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
Good for you, skychant!!! :) :) :) :) :)

When I accidentally eat or drink something that's high carb, it tastes gross to me. :P
By not giving in to urges for high carb junk, in time you'll find low carb is much tastier!

Tony

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
This time there is no going back for me.  My favorite meals are low carb.  I know that I can be successful and look forward to watching my scale go down and stay down.

Great job!!  And congratulations on your renewed commitment   ;D ;D   Hang in there with us...we all will get healthier one day at a time. 

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »
I know that I can do it and hate that I have wasted half of the year.  Thank you both for your kind words.. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
Skychant you can do this.If I can help you please ask ;)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
Thank you Umpa :)...I have discovered that I can eat better by going to the market and checking out the meat specials as opposed to hitting up a fast food restaurant or getting take out somewhere.  The food is much better and alot more satisfying.  Not only am I losing weight but I am saving money as well.  Thinking things through as opposed to acting on impulse helps alot.  I can survive detox, it gets easier every day. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
You are gonna do great ;)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 07:33:36 PM »
Lol my family ordered pizza. I had a big salad and hot wings and ate the topping off of one piece of pizza, I don't miss pizza much! It was good. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
Lol my family ordered pizza. I had a big salad and hot wings and ate the topping off of one piece of pizza, I don't miss pizza much! It was good. :)

Hi, Michelle! :)

You did GREAT!!! ;D ;D ;D
And as you know, pizza crust does not have much flavor anyway... The good stuff is on top! ;)

Tony

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »
I totally agree about the crust. I never really liked the crust that much. It seems like cheap filler to me. Prior to my LC ways I would either get the thin crust or pick off the toppings anyways lol. Thank you btw. :) Sometimes eating a little differently than everyone else gets daunting but once I figured out what to eat that was better for me at certain restaurants I know just what to order and just have alternates in mind if I get bored. I like variety! I like FTS because there's so much variety in the recipes and so much amazing creativity to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2