Author Topic: Newbie Here!  (Read 5274 times)

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
Newbie Here!
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
Hi My name is Marcia.  I joined yesterday and BLEW it today.  I have been reading lots of posts to find inspiration (there's a lot on here) and motivation.  The main thing I've picked up today is what Yoda (misspelled?) said "Do or do not, there is no try."  If I can get out of debt (except house), then I can lose weight.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you all.
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY.

owensmath

Re: Newbie Here!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
Hi, Marcia, and welcome to the family. If you mess up, just get back up and start again. Don't wait till the next day to start. START RIGHT NOW! : )
The lifestyle becomes second nature quickly and becomes very easy to live with. I've been doing this since mid-April of 2010. I can't even remember what it was like to eat all that junk with sugar. I don't miss ANYTHING (well, maybe dumplings....hint hint UMPA!).

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »
Welcome Marcia, just get back on that horse - NO excuses!
Everyone here is so helpful, welcome to the family
Ausgirl

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »
Welcome Marcia & you are right Do it all the way or it will just make the detox getting off sugar longer . And if you fall get up tighten that belt and start over the next meal not the next day or the next Monday !!!  You will feel better then you have in years . We are all here to help you !!!

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
Thank you owensmath and AusGirl.  I have read many of your comments on the forum and have encouraged to eat right and make this a lifestyle change and not just another 'diet.'  Because of you both, I now have a plan on what to eat tomorrow and in the days to come.  No more EXCUSES!

Wow thanks joagain!  You guys are AWESOME!

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »
Wow thanks Marcia, I didn't know I had much influence - I'm relatively new here, but I have done this before, didn't know what I was doing and just gave up.

Not this time, no siree, I'm in it forever now
Ausgirl

joagain

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »
ALL  FTS MEMBERS ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!  LOL

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »
;D   Yes they are.

joagain

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 07:53:27 PM »
Marcia you meant yes WE are  . you are one of us !!

scottinflorida

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
Hi Marcia - welcome to the group!

I was just thinking, it's a good thing you mess up sometimes - otherwise you wouldn't really fit in with this group!   ;)

Someday there will be a new member who joins and never messes up at all...but I haven't heard of it happening yet.  I only know of one perfect man - and I don't think He had a weight problem.

Anyway, glad you're here.  Success is waiting for you!

Scott

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family Marcia! I'm pretty new here too...but I can tell you that EVERYONE is amazingly encouraging and helpful!! Don't ever give up...the first 2 weeks are tough as your body goes through the detox or sugar/carb. withdrawal...but that will help to make your resolve to NEVER EAT THE OLD WAY AGAIN even stronger!!!

Good luck and I look forward to sharing in your successes!!!   :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »
Hello Marcia, your habits are well ingrained from years of eating but as you create new eating habits they will become second nature to you. If you haven't cleaned out all the hidden sugar from your home yet do it now. Removing all the temptations is the first step to creating new eating habits.....next stock up on foods that are FTS friendly so you always have something at arms length. Load up the fridge with snack trays from the FTS book and stay full while you detox. Sugar is VERY addictive so it's important to go cold turkey and break the addiction. Visit the forum often and lean on the members, that's what we're here for  ;)  Welcome to the family  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:36:30 AM »
Welcome Marcia! If I can help please ask.I am umpa,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat  to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
Welcome to the FTS forum family Marcia!  Keeping those quick grab snacks on hand is very important.  That way you won't grab the wrong thing.  Once you can get the sugar out of your system you won't have those nagging craves.  Good luck with your journey!

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 02:23:46 PM »
Thank you all for such a warm welcome.

I'm cleaning the fridge out, but I have to wait because I'm feeling the pull.  I decided to come online and read more posts to not think about it.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths.

Wish I had made that nogurt now instead of eating FAGE in the fridge. 

Up to 17 net carbs and still have dinner to go.  I think I'll go get some water.