Author Topic: Second day and feeling GREAT but I have a few questions  (Read 2365 times)

Mimzy

• View Profile
Second day and feeling GREAT but I have a few questions
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
Hi there Everyone,

I am so excited, had another good day.  Shoveled snow then rode my stationary bike 6 miles in 30 minutes. 

I made my family fried chicken tenders for dinner tonight, but for myself I put flax seed meal, Lawry's, garlic, salt, and pepper on a plate lightly covered my chicken and fried it in extra virgin olive oil.  It was great and just enough crunch.  My family tasted mine and wondered why they weren't eating the same thing.

Is there anything I can use in place of the GG Bran Crispbread?  I hate to have to order so much and not like it.
So, if there is something comparable that can be purchased at most stores I would appreciate the information.

I am also a little concerned about whether or not I am getting enough calcium and vitamin D.  Osteoporosis is very prevalent in my family.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Second day and feeling GREAT but I have a few questions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »
take vitamins & make your own crackers:) the gg bran things taste like  something from the kitchen of "beebs"

...................................thats a joke:)

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
That's a good idea but do you have a recipe for them or know where I can find one?

I take it Beebs isn't much of a cook

Thank you for the suggestion

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
Hey I like the crunchy, hard to chew taste of the GG BranCrisp.  I ordered 6 packets at netrition.com  They were really inexpensive.  You could just order one.  Also check your local health food store.  I saw some the other day at Mustard Seed where I live.  It cost more at the store, but you could buy it that day and decide if you like it or not.

I don't eat these that often and I keep them in the freezer.  Best with something on it like creamcheese and Nature's Hollow or Peanut/Beanit Butter.
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:15:02 AM »
Calcium comes into your system from the cheeses, cream, etc....vit D comes in from meats, cheeses, mushrooms and other veggies. Take a walk in the sun for natural d and don't forget your multi vit :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:38:27 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:43:10 AM »
When I make chicken tenders, I use the same milled flax mixture on everybody's chicken. They all love it.

Rena

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »
I like to microwave the GG Bran Crispbread for about 30 seconds first. Then I top it with something and heat them up again. I've been putting a thin slice of cheddar on them and topping that with tuna. For some reason, microwaving makes the crispbread a little softer and easier to bite into.

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »
I have tried GG Crispbread but just cannot take them. I developed a recipe for high-fibre crackers that I find tasty and satisfying. I have just posted it on the Bread and Crackers category - Golden Flax High Fibre Crackers.