Author Topic: Hi all!!  (Read 2312 times)

snobles

Hi all!!
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:17:39 PM »
One of the things I love/hate about moveing from a big city to a very small country town is the convience factor!! (not really, but you get the idea!:-)We have been in Missouri for over two years now, and we are slowly adjusting to the lifestyle.
One thing I miss about the city, is the convience! There was a Starbucks or fast food place on just about every corner, or intersection!! And I have realized, I CAN live without fast food!! lol...When we first moved up here, I thought I'd die without a Krystals! lol...Haven't had one of those in over two years! The nearest town we have is at a hundred miles away! lol...and as much as I love Starbucks, I am soooo thankful, we don't have one here, or any all you can eat places. I just never realized how much we "abused the privelage" so to speak! It's easy, you don't have to cook, or clean up! But in return, you're slowly killing yourself! So, I must say, that living in a small country town with minimal fast food, it's not so hard to turn them down! So when we do go back for a visit, it won't be so hard to say no to! It's all about self-will and how motivated you are! Happy Sunday!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
Hi snobles!  :)

We live out in the sticks too and love it.

Shopping happens twice a month (once for non-perishables and twice for perishables).
There is a Starbucks in the shopping complex along with a Fred Meyer and Albertson's grocers, along with a Costco.
My wife LOVES Starbucks and orders coffees with their sugar free syrups for flavor when she's in the area.

There are times though when I wish the Home Depot hardware store were closer.
Something always seems to need repair around the property and/or house.
What you do today is what matters!

snobles

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »
Yeah, we have a "hardware" store intown, lol...they actually sell baby chicks? lol...Still not used to the country yet! lol...

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
Yeah, we have a "hardware" store intown, lol...they actually sell baby chicks? lol...Still not used to the country yet! lol...

Wow!... A hardware store that sells baby chicks!!!
You are really way out in the country, aren't you?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
Green Acres Snobles??? :D

snobles

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
Oh, if y'all only knew!! lol...We only have 7 police officers and one is part time! lol...Umpa, you really need a facebook! lol...I am going to start posting pictures up there once the weather starts warming up!

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »
I seriously think we have less than 7 police officers in my town. Ask Doug and Umpa about Murphy. They know my town.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
Hey Murphy has grown since I first starting going there 13 years ago! You got a walmart! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »
Hey Murphy has grown since I first starting going there 13 years ago! You got a walmart! :D

Sooner or later, EVERYBODY will have a Walmart. :D :D :D

owensmath

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:27:01 PM »
We sure do! It's one with groceries, too! It even has indoor plumbing! ha ha

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 09:38:20 AM »