Author Topic: Night Eating  (Read 3948 times)

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
Night Eating
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:08:49 AM »
Night eating is a HUGH problem for me.  I eat very well during the day and the come home from work and start a smorgasbord. 

I don't know what to do.  I binged on Sugar Free Jello and Reddi-Whip last night.  It is insane.
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY.

joagain

Re: Night Eating
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:58:36 AM »
I had to cut out the jello and whip cream anything that is even close to real sugar I am not strong enough to eat because it starts my carb addiction up ,It sounds like you have a serious one llike mine and you are to new to be tempting yourself with all the sweet stuff .try not to eat anything sweet right now it will only make you crazy the first few days get some good sweet gum like the new strawberry shortcake or key lime pie .

I think the sweet stuff is going to sabatoge you  stay with meat and veggies ,egg & cheese for like 3-4 weeks  ;) trust me I know what you are going through

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:08:38 AM »
what to do is not do it??? you know its insane yet you do it anyways....it is going to have to be you being stronger than the urge to consume food,there is no magic pill to take for that,its all you:) be strong, the urges will stop once you start losing and your will power wont let you fall prey to food!

snobles

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:23:20 AM »
@ Katary. I have learned, if I want something that bad, like the potato chip bing, I almost went on, I just get someting that TASTES like it, and that does the trick! and you are right! Once you see the weight comming off, that'll be more incouragement! Great post!

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »
Meat and Veggies
Eggs and Cheese

I know I can, I know I can

Help Me Lord PLEASE!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
Do like Doug says in the book and has said many times on the forum.  Drink a large glass of water and wait 15 minutes and ask yourself "am I really hungry or just bored?"  Most of the time it's boredom and the feeling will pass.  Chewing gum does help.

joagain

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
Or get some olives they are salty and if you dont like olives they will remind you that you really dont want to eat

Yes you can !!!!!! ;D

snobles

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
@Joeagain, I never would've thought about Olives! I love olives! Another Genious!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 06:48:22 PM »
There is no substitute for will power but tell me..... what time do you get home from work? Are you eating dinner? What time? It sounds to me like you come home from work and you're famished.....is that the case? Give us the facts so we can help you.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:51:14 AM »
Fri 3-18-2011

B 7:30 AM GG CRISP [2] Whipped Cream Chives 2 TBS [1]

L 11:00 AM 1/2 Cobb Salad [6] Bacon ranch dressing 2 TBS [1] Grilled Chicken Breast [1]

D 4:30 PM La Tortilla Garlic Herb [4] 2 TBS Bacon Ranch Dressing [1] 3 oz Grilled Chicken Breast [1] 3 slices Bacon [.1] 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese [2]

S1 5::00 PM  2 oz Bag of BBQ Pork Rinds

S2 7:00 PM 1 SF Jello
  • w/ 2 TBS Reddi-Whip [1]

S3 8:00 PM 2 SF Jello [1] w/ 6 TBS Reddi-Whip [3]

S4 9:30 PM 1/2 Cup Coco Almonds [6]

Total 30 Net Carbohydrates

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »
1st of all...30 is way more than 20 ?????? under 20 is the # you want:)
   and why all of the snacks??? snack 1, snack 2,snack 3......lose the snacks and move your dinner to later in the day....or at least make your snacks 0 carb snacks...... give it a whirl and see what happens:)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:34 AM »
Before I started FTS my husband and I ate all night in front of the tv. That was one of the hardest things to overcome. If you save your carbs it really isn't a problem. Also, try and find Land-o-lakes whipped cream, it's carb free so you can enjoy it without adding carbs to your daily total. Last night I had a SF jello (the individual cups) and it was LOADED with whipped cream, usually more whipped cream than jello and I ate that at 10 pm. Just save your carbs so you can have your treat, but don't eat two of them..just one. Also I keep a huge glass of ice water on hand all night. If you drink it when you want to splurge at night it really helps. Just know this is for you and you alone, don't sabotage yourself. We can eat loads of things and getting through the sugary needs faze will pass.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »
Thank you all for you helpful tips.

I will save more carbs for the evening and focus on meat and veggies, eggs and cheese diromg the day.

SherriePie I thought I was the only one who ate my SF Jello like that  :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
B 7:30 AM GG CRISP [2] Whipped Cream Chives 2 TBS [1]

It looks like you're like me, no interest in a big breakfast early in the am...just a bite with coffee. Replace the cream cheese with Beanit Butter so you add a dose of protein into your snack

L 11:00 AM 1/2 Cobb Salad [6] Bacon ranch dressing 2 TBS [1] Grilled Chicken Breast [1]

See the carb count of the Cobb salad? The lettuce won't stick with you either, reduce the greens and increase the chicken. You'll stay fuller longer and eat less carbs.

2:30-3pm I want you to add a snack here, again stick with protein and fats. My choice would be 2 or 3 pieces of home made beef jerky. This way you can move your dinner to a later hour

D 4:30 PM La Tortilla Garlic Herb [4] 2 TBS Bacon Ranch Dressing [1] 3 oz Grilled Chicken Breast [1] 3 slices Bacon [.1] 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese [2]

move your dinner to 6:30 and make sure to include protein and a heavy green like collards, cabbage or spinach with the meal. You should be able to go the rest of the evening without hunger. Plan your ONE TV snack around 8pm and make it a light one, just something to give you the sense of enjoying dessert. Jello with whip cream or the mousse recipe I developed would both be good choices.  ;)   

S1 5::00 PM  2 oz Bag of BBQ Pork Rinds

S2 7:00 PM 1 SF Jello
  • w/ 2 TBS Reddi-Whip [1]

S3 8:00 PM 2 SF Jello [1] w/ 6 TBS Reddi-Whip [3]

S4 9:30 PM 1/2 Cup Coco Almonds [6]

Total 30 Net Carbohydrates

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mmcooks1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 08:55:40 PM »
Thanks Doug.