Author Topic: HCG and Fat to Skinny combination?  (Read 4867 times)

Gingerale

• View Profile
    • Email
HCG and Fat to Skinny combination?
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »
I loved this book and I have come to realize it is probably in my best interest to stay away from sugar. I have also been told about the HCG diet do you think I could do them both at the same time?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: HCG and Fat to Skinny combination?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »
I would'nt go within a thousand miles of this program!  :o :o :o :o You don't need this in your life! RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is secreted by pregnant women at the early stages of conception. It indirectly controls the optimal production progesterone in the body, which is crucial for both the mother and fetus. As per the proponents, this glycoprotein hormone aids in collecting adipose tissues from the body and converts into calories. Proponents of drinking pregnant woman pee or shooting it up claim that hCG supresses the appetite and the ultimate result is burning accumulated fats and reduction in weight.

For weight loss purposes, hCG is extracted from the urine of pregnant women and sold in form of oral supplements and injections. While following hCG diet, a dieter is required to consume about 500 calories a day, accompanied with the advocation of oral hCG drops or intravenous hCG shots for weight loss. Providing this much calories is not sufficient for normal functioning of the metabolic processes, which in turn causes cravings for foods, lightheadedness, weakness and irritation.

Speaking more about hCG dangers, this hormone is not approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for weight loss purposes. No doubt, it is recommended for treatment of fertility problems in women and promoting secretion of testosterone hormone in men. But, using hCG as a weight loss aid is not scientifically proven. To be more precise, there are no clinical trials that support the benefits of hCG hormone in suppressing appetite, burning adipose tissues or decreasing discomfort associated with low calorie diet.

As of date, actual medical data revealing oral hCG diet dangers for men and women is not published. Very often, people indulging in this diet program complain of hCG injection side effects like headache, restlessness, blood clot problems and depression. With the administration of hCG hormone, one may experience the signs of pregnancy, such as swelling of hands and feet, water retention and breast tenderness. One of the life-threatening hCG diet dangers for women is manifestation of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS). Under such a case, the patient experiences nausea, vomiting, breathing difficulty, excess urination and weight gain.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »
My boss tried that hcg garbage it cost her a small fortune made her completely whacko and when she went off she gained all the weight back PLUS more!!!

Gingerale

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
  I am backing away from the HCG thanks for the advice.

Ginger

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »
Good and you are very welcome :) You're a member of our family now, we'll watch your back  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »
Hi Gingerale!  :)

I too am glad you are staying away from the HCG diet.

I tried the HCG injections years ago (about 1974).
Even back then, it was VERY expensive and required a doctor's very close oversight (weekly office visits).
Like Doug said, it is still not FDA approved for weight loss, despite how long it's been around.

I lost some weight but felt horribly deprived due to the extremely low 500 calorie allowance.
I started getting a very weak and bit sick from it after a few weeks, so I quit.

Upon quitting, I began to feel much better but... Within a couple of weeks, I gained back the few pounds I lost plus about 10 more!
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
the hCG diet is a scam!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
Once again I've been asked about hCG. It's important to know where it came from, this way you'll see how the scam escalated.

British endocrinologist Albert T. W. Simeons' developed and promoted an ultra-low-calorie/low carb/low fat weight-loss diet(less than 500 calories per day). Simeons, while studying pregnant women in India on a calorie-deficient diet, and “fat boys” with pituitary problems (Frölich's syndrome) experimented with his subjects and treated them with low-dose hCG injections.

Simeons claimed that both groups lost fat rather than lean (muscle) tissue. Of course being on an eating plan such as his, high protein, low carb program that would be the result, Simeons however credited the hCG. His hypothesis was that hCG must be programming the hypothalamus in his subjects much like within pregnant woman by protecting the developing fetus by promoting mobilization and consumption of abnormal, excessive adipose deposits.

It's important to note that this was Simeons hypothesis only and little credit was given to the low carb aspect of his studies.

Simeons, practicing at Salvator Mundi International Hospital in Rome, Italy, recommended low-dose daily hCG injections (125 IU) in combination with a customized ultra-low-calorie (500 cal/day, high-protein, low-carbohydrate/fat) diet to treat loss of adipose tissue without loss of lean tissue. After Simeons’ death, the diet started to spread to specialized centers and via popularization by individuals, such as the controversial scam author Kevin Trudeau, famous for promotion of alternative therapies and treatments for profit.

The controversy continues to grow as warnings by the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that hCG is neither safe, nor effective as a weight-loss aid become more well known.

A meta analysis found that studies supporting hCG for weight loss were of poor methodological quality and concluded that "there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss or fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being".

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
The best way to lose weight and keep it off is by doing the opposite of what made us fat in the first place.

We got fat by overindulgence in digestable carbohydrates over a period of time.
We can get lean by simply doing the reverse over a period of time.

Quite simple, isn't it? ;)
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Always perfectly put, mouseissue!

Do the opposite of what makes you fat and you'll lose weight!

;)Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess