Author Topic: Newbie!  (Read 6990 times)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newbie!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
Welcome both of you!  Ask lots of questions, everyone here is super helpful! :)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »
Hi all....I too am a newbie. Just started yesterday. My sister-in-law ShihTzuMom1 is so passionate about this program,  she told me all about it and is helping me through it. Thanks so much
Hey NikkisMom, I can't believe I missed your post.  I see the Fat to Skinny family has welcomed you with open arms.  I am so proud  of you for starting your journey to a healthy new you.    Have faith, I know you will do great!!    Oh, and I have to tell everyone that Nikki is a Shih Tzu too.

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »
Welcome, welcome, welcome!! There is no question or problem that you can't get support on from this amazing group!!! Congrats on a great start and I can't wait to hear of your future successes!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here.  I've been on a quest to learn how to control my blood sugar.  My doctor told me that I had diabetes about 4 years ago, and I have had trouble keeping my sugar down no matter how many meds I would take.  I have to say after reading these books I now understand what I have been doing wrong.  Thank you Doug for making it so easy to understand.  I have been following your advice for only a week now and already have lost 5 lbs. and the blood sugar is now staying steady and in the safe range!!  I feel great for the first time in a long time.  I found these books on the advice of a friend that lost a lot of weight using them thinking I could lose some too..... I had no idea of the benefits I would find!!  Thank you thank you thank you  ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
Welcome TooSweet! I am very happy for you! Good health is goal #1 and weight loss is the by-product! :) I am umpa,dougs wife and I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.If I can ever help you please ask.Enjoy the forum ,ask alot of questions and get ready to feel better than you have in years! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 11:43:48 AM »
Welcome to our family, TooSweet! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I was also a type II diabetic for the last 6 years or so.

Last month, my doctor took me off my blood sugar med (Metformin) and declared that I'm no longer diabetic!
My A1C was 5.3!!! ;D ;D ;D
My blood glucose was 115.

My other numbers were well within healthy ranges:

My total cholesterol was 124!
My LDL cholesterol was 66!
My HDL cholesterol was 48!
My triglycerides were 51!

And my blood pressure was 106/72.
The doc reduced one my HBP meds in half!!! ;D

If you stick to the FTS rules, you WILL not only lose your excess weight, but become MUCH healthier as well.
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
Hi Toosweet!  Welcome to the Forum!  So glad you found out about the book!  A friend of mine told me about it too, and I will be forever thankful for that!  Be sure to check out the recipes in the "recipe exchange" section of the forum too!  I am amazed at all the cool things we can eat....and still lose weight!   

snobles

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
Hi Lori! Welcome to the family ;D! Congradulations on the weight loss!

shawn116

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 11:35:25 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome  :D :D  I am trying to learn as much as I can by reading all of the posts.  Lots to go through but love all the great ideas!!  You guys are awesome!!

Rena

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »
Welcome, TooSweet! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 09:16:10 AM »
You are very welcome TooSweet, isn't it a shame that your doctor didn't resolve this problem for you  >:(  I hope one of these days the medical community starts looking at natural cures instead of relying on drugs for everything but I'm not holding my breath!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »
Doug you are so right.... I take so much other medication for other reasons.   It seems that all they want to do is throw a pill at me.  I decided that I needed to do something and take my health in my own hands so to speak!!   So why not start here...LOL  I was really afraid that I would get very low sugar because they told me that I needed between 40 and 60 carbs per meal or 180 a day!!  Of course they had me counting all wrong and I never had to subtract any fiber or sugar alcohols.  No wonder I couldn't ever drop any!!  Geez.... My sugar to my surprise has stayed in normal range at a steady course!!  Woot woot!!!   I will talk with him the next time I go to see about not having to take as much.  I am anxious to see what my blood counts will be.  Cross your fingers for me ;D  So far I have lost 7lbs and 3 inches around the middle!!!  Yea   :D :D :D :D   I like being special but not in that way...haha