Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 14008 times)

TTnomore

• View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 01:34:17 PM »
Gail

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 04:05:40 PM »
OK thanks, found it.  I even found out I can order Dixie Diner products from the Low Carb Grocery in Markham, ON.  I'll have to give the recipe a try.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 09:18:59 AM »
3angels...you have the right idea! Adios to the stuffing and corn, that's my attitude  ;)

Stuffing replacement- saute 2-3pounds of your favorite sausage 0 sugar meat in a skillet, drain the fat. Add 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and a tablespoon of ground sage....mix well then season to taste with additional herbs of your pleasure....stuff the bird and roast.

The cauli tators will hold up very well if you drain the cauli very well  and press it before processing. To press it simply leave it in the colander and press it several times with a wad of paper towels...as the paper gets saturated replace. Now when you process the cauli it will have less water from the very beginning to deal with.

Green bean casserole- replace the mushroom soup with home made mushroom soup. Microwave 2 cups of sliced mushrooms in a glass covered bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water in the bottom for 3-5 minutes on high. strain the mushrooms well, they are now reduced to a cup and much of the water is gone. Melt 1/4 butter in a skillet, add the mushrooms and 3/4 cups heavy cream, bring to heat but not boiling....salt and pepper to taste.  If all of that work doesn't interest you the Mushroom Alfredo Sauce doctored with more shroons works well too.

Topping, rough crunch up a bag of pork rinds and coat them well with onion powder...sprinkle over the top and bake.

The pumpkin cheesecake Umpa makes is wonderful....be careful to buy pure pumpkin meat and not pumpkin pie filling.

GOBBLE...GOBBLE!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KGT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »
I was getting real worried about Thanksgiving this year, Thanks for saving me Doug.  The recipes you and other Followers are posting is making it a little easier to plan my Thanksgiving meals.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
Welcome to the family, KGT!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I can't believe that I missed your coming on board the forum. :-\

This forum a great place for help and support with the FTS lifestyle.
I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!