Author Topic: cranberry nut bars  (Read 2443 times)

joagain

cranberry nut bars
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:21:43 AM »
Please revise this recipe ,Thank you  ;) I am responsible for the desserts and they will all be FTS !!! They say this aint that SF stuff is it I say no they it tell me how good it is then I say it is that SF stuff !!!!

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/4 cups Ocean SprayŽ Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan.

Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour and melted butter; blend well. Add cranberries and walnuts, mixing gently just until combined. Spread evenly in pan.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and cut into bars.

Makes 16 servings.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: cranberry nut bars
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
This is easy Jo.Change the cup of sugar to 1/2 cup xylitol.Cup of flour to 1/ 1/2 cups almond flour.Add 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder.The rest is fine.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
I never know how much almod flour to sub for regular flour . So for 1 cup of regular  flour you need 1 1/2 cups AF . Thanks umpa

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »
Its hard sometimes Jo,it depends on the other ingredients. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »
I am responsible for the desserts and they will all be FTS !!! They say this aint that SF stuff is it I say no they it tell me how good it is then I say it is that SF stuff !!!!

That's too funny, Jo!  :D :D :D

Most people don't know just how well we eat on FTS... Let's keep passing the word! :)
What you do today is what matters!