Author Topic: Pizzelle Cookies  (Read 12550 times)

shawn116

Re: Pizzelle Cookies
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »
Glad you liked them Kim  :)  Great hints too

Kroger no calorie baking sweetener
  is that their version (store version) of splenda?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »
Kim how could you be out of Zero you won every contest! :D

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »
I found these that look pretty promising.  Here is the link to the original recipe: http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2010/11/cannoli.html   She makes them into a cannoli that I bet is just delicious.  So many of her recipes are wonderful.  I think I would want to add some sweetness in the "cookie" though.

2 egg white
2 TBS butter (melted)
2 ounce cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup vanilla egg white or whey protein

Heat a pizzelle skillet on high. Whip the white until frothy, not stiff. Add the almond flour, vanilla whey and other ingredients. Mix until smooth.
Place 1 TBS dough onto greased skillet, close tightly. Let sit for 1-3 minutes depending on skillet directions. While you are removing, before it cools, roll into a cylinder shape. Set aside to cool.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »
I love Maria's blog too!  Ha Ha Umpa - I had it in the pantry to use up - I do love my zero!  Thinking my stuffing might win this contest!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »
 :)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
I just bought some soy protein powder.  IS there a low carb soy protein powder.  I didn't realize that - Went to Health Hut today and just bought it and didn't read the label - Dumb!!!  BUT, On my behalf, when I see the product labeled Protein, I don't even think twice that there are carbs in it.  For example, meat is protein and hence, no carbs!!!  Where am I lacking in intelligence at this point and don't say EVERYWHERE!  LOL !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »
I buy Bobs red mill its zero carb and wicked cheap ;) I would return the high carb one

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
I actually went home and read the label and this one that I bought was a low carb protein powder ... WHEW!  So, Again I tried to make the pizzelle doegh and again it came out too thick.  So, I decided to make the recipe as it called for in the recipe book - regular flour although I used Xylitol and I bought JUMBO eggs.  And, now I see how the dough is supposed to look - very beautiful and a great deal thinner than the one I was making.  So, my last attempt to make low carb pizzelles is coming to an end I feel.  As I now know how the dough is supposed to look, I can adjust my recipe - I was using farm fresh medium eggs and will now use jumbo eggs. Will also use Soy Flour and Soy Protein Powder.   Forget just using the egg whites, cause I feel the natural egg state lends to the taste (although I could be wrong here - but please don't burst my bubble).  My goal is to make two dozen pizzelles for each person at work (small office) for Christmas.  Wish me a great deal of luck, as this will be my fourth attempt and I am getting tired of this....lol!!!  BUT, in the end if it all works out it will be worth the effort. 

shawn116

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46:20 PM »
The Pizzelle cheering section!!    ;D ;D ;D

I can't wait to hear how they come out  ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
Well, maybe this evening I will attempt one last time (or so I say...this could go on to infinite) to make a low carb pizzelle.  Is this how a creative chef feels - frustrated and them many attempts.  I'll keep you all posted and once I create the recipe I will share with you all. 

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 09:25:42 AM »
By the way, TooSweet, I just love your cheerleader!   Fun stuff!

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
I didn't want you to forget that you have a cheering section   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
You can do it! :D