Poll

Should #7 win a book?

yes
3 (75%)
no
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 08:05:44 PM

Author Topic: Canada Entry #7  (Read 2644 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada Entry #7
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
Dear Doug and Cary:

WOW, I read Mr. Varrieur's story in the Brantford Expositor last week and I was blown away.  I really hope that after you hear my story you can help us.

My husband is 50 years of age, been on CPP Disability and LTD since 2005.  Guess what, he needs knee replacements (both).  After several searches for the right doctor to do the surgery, we found him, but there is a waiting list.  My husband is an ex athlete and has worked hard all his life to support himself and his family.  We've been married 24 1/2 years.  Due to his lack of mobility, which seems to be decreasing yearly, he has gained a huge amount of weight.  We've tried everything to get this weight off, but no such luck.  He's getting very depressed about this issue.  He hates the word "obese"!  He now has diabetes type 2, high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and takes Tylenol 3's and Celebrex for the constant pain (osteoarthritis). His family doctor has put him on every diet medication there is, he's been to dieticians and even the Wharton Clinic in Hamilton.   WE need your help desperately, We don't know where else to turn.  We haven't much of a life (actively) since he can't go too far, we can't enjoy walks, he can't enjoy riding his trail bike, we can't go to fairs,  we can't even go to the movies.  It's now becoming a chore to take him to the grocery store, he must hang on or his knees give out.  Most times I just leave him at home.  I feel guilty about this, since I work 8 hours a day as an Office Administrator.  We have put our oldest child through University (just graduated) and our daughter will be entering her third year.  Stress levels in my life are high and I'd really like to see my husband lose the weight, get the surgery and get our life back on track.
We need to do this for us, our kids and any future grandchildren.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Doreen
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Canada Entry #7
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »
get the printing press rolling!!!!!! another yes.