Poll

Should #26 win a book?

yes
1 (20%)
no
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 08:35:05 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #26  (Read 2251 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #26
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:35:05 PM »
Similar to the author I also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 8 years ago.  My name is Christine and I am addicted to food!  Let me tell you a little about myself.
I am 31 years old and have just begun the battle in getting my life and health back. 
At the age of 23, life was bitter sweet, I was devastated to find out I was a type 2 diabetic, but at the same time I was relieved to finally know why I felt terrible all the time.  I am a petite lady that stands 5’2” and at the lowest point of my life I weighed in at 245 lbs, with blood sugar levels that were too high to even register on my glucometer.  I was the typical girl and yo-yo dieter constantly searching for the thin woman buried (along with my self esteem) deep inside of me.  Over the course of the last 15 years I have attempted to lose weight with Herbal One, Herbal Magic, Weight Watchers, you name it and I’ve tried it and needless to say I failed.  Desperate times in my teens led me to starve myself for weeks on end, only to regain all the weight I lost and then some.

Reality told me I was a prisoner to my genetic pool and destined to a life of ill health with diabetes and heart disease, but intrinsic perseverance told me differently.  Last Thanksgiving was a turning point for me.  I woke up one morning, looked at my husband and said “I am sick and tired of being sick and tired”.  I was disgusted with my weight, tired of not feeling well and literally exhausted.  At that point I called a local gym that offers the “Revolution” weight lose program and was appalled at the huge cost of it.  Although I cannot put a price on my health, I realistically couldn’t afford it.  Instead I started researching high protein and low sugar diets, and 9 months later I have lost 80 lbs and all signs of diabetes!  I no longer take any medications for diabetes or high blood pressure.

My happiness overflows with the progress I have made.  Throughout my journey of self discovery I have also helped 5 others lose weight and adjust their lifestyles with low sugar diets.  My journey at health has just begun, I realize that I still have much to learn and another 25 lbs to lose.  Perhaps “Fat to Skinny” would offer me a more in depth comprehension to my struggles, emotional binging, blood glucose levels and never ending sugar cravings.  Everyday is an immense effort to keep losing and not give in to my food addictions.  I am close to my goal and need advice and support to achieve it and maintain it!

Thank you kindly for the chance to win an autographed copy of “FAT TO SKINNY”.

Warmly,

Christine
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Canada entry #26
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »
she already has  seen the light...could be a female version of you!!!!!