Poll

should #38 win a book?

yes
3 (75%)
no
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 08:49:38 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #38  (Read 2241 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #38
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »
This written response is not only an attempt to win a free copy of Doug Varrieur's book but also a pledge to myself to submit to the fact that for 35 years I have caused my own health deterioration and it has got to stop.

On 28 July 2010, I will meet with my Doctor after completing a six-week trial of attempting to improve my lifestyle, without further medications.  My blood pressure is not under control with my current medications, my knees are shot, my blood sugars and bad cholestoral levels are too high.  Diabetes runs in both sides of my family tree.

At the age of 55, 5'4" and 240 pounds nude (try not to picture this - whoops too late - Sorry), I can no longer rely on my sense of humour to get me past the "stares and obvious disgust".  For the very first time in all my years of trying to loose weight, I am grasping any healthy ideas to assist me with my uphill battle to become slim and sexy again or even pleasantly plump but still sexy!

Unlike Mr. Varrieur, I did not say "screw it and just live life" as a fat person.  I've hated my body image far too long.  It's so embarrassing to enter a room and have to scan quickly as to what chair I think I can fit in and will it hold me.  And I can't pick an open-armed chair because I know that others are looking at my big fat hips hanging out the sides.  Or restaurants with booths to sit in - God! - if I wanted a vice to be placed around my middle I'd stay home and research S&M.

I want to be one of the lives that Mr. Varrieur saves by inspiring me with his new book.  I must find the clues that make my brain click into overdrive to reverse my unhealthy lifestyle.

And thank you Cary for your "Stamping out the sweet tooth" article in the Belleville Intelligencer newspaper.

Regards,

Maureen
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)