Poll

Should #1 win a book?

yes
6 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 07:54:50 PM

Author Topic: Canada Entry #1  (Read 2528 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada Entry #1
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
Please consider my response to win a free ‘Fat to Skinny’ book.

I am 53 years old and I weigh very close to 400 pounds.  I am the mother of an 17 year old girl and a 14 year old boy and the wife of a wonderful man who is fighting kidney cancer.  At my current weight, I am not much value to any of them and I struggle with that truth every day.  In the two sentences introducing myself, you can see so many reasons why I would need to be a healthy weight and yet I cannot get control of the situation regarding my weight.  I used to have a great job but once we relocated to a new city, I became so fat that I can’t get a job that requires standing or sitting too long or bending or stretching which is pretty much every day life.  By not working, I’m not moving as much as I should nor am I contributing to our family income.  Just another let down.

I try to eat relatively healthy and I teach my kids healthy eating so that they don’t end up like me.  At this point, I’m caught in a vicious circle of not being able to move because I’m so fat and being so fat that I’m unable to move.  The long term damage that I've done to my body and my spirit is immeasurable.  Having been overweight since I was eleven years old , I’m sure that there has not been a day in my life that I didn’t think (at least once) about how I needed to lose weight.  Every night when I have to get up through the night, I’m in such physical pain, I tell myself how I need to lose weight, I need to move more but it’s so hard to do that, and I can easily talk myself out of it the next day.  I hang onto the hope that I am not doomed to being fat forever, but by not actually forcing myself to do something, I am likely sealing my fate of an early death and again, when my family needs me the most.

Perhaps this book will teach me something that I don’t know, that will help me lose enough weight and then will in turn, help me get up and move around.  I believe that if I get moving, everything else will fall into place.

There’s always hope.

Kelly
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Canada Entry #1
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »
yes here doug for kelly,im betting she is not aware of what healthy eating really is :'(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:38:07 PM by katary »