Poll

should #70 win a book?

yes
1 (25%)
no
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 01:59:26 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #70  (Read 2197 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #70
« on: July 20, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »
This is my story of why I need to lose weight

I got pregnant at 17 with my first daughter. I had a difficult pregnancy and gained 86lbs due to gestational diabetes. I delivered my 9lb 10oz daughter one week early by c-section. After delivery I had complications requiring in hospitalization and bed rest which delayed me getting back to my 136lb pre-pregnancy body.

Once well, I returned to school, earned my diploma, got a job and focused on raising my daughter. Finances were tight and time was limited therefore opportunities to exercise was limited. I was at 168lbs by spring 2004. I then got pregnant with my second daughter and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at which I gained 56lbs. I delivered my 9lb 2oz daughter two weeks early by c-section weighing in at 224lbs.

I struggled to lose weight so early 2008 visited my Doctor she ran some tests and concluded I have a fatty liver and poly cystic ovarian disease. Although she said the fatty liver was probably a result of the weight I gained so quickly in my pregnancies, it was imperative to my health to lose weight so that my liver could function properly. 

In 2008 I got pregnant with my third child, a boy. Prior to my pregnancy I was 187lbs. Thankfully I was not gestational diabetic and only gained 40lbs. I delivered him at 8lbs 13oz 3 weeks early in October 2008 by c-section. Since then my weight has fluctuated. By summer 2009 I got down to 165lbs and felt great but over the last year I've gained back 20lbs

I need and want to lose weight so that I can be healthy and around for years to come with my kids. I want to regain the confidence I once had and avoid developing diabetes. After reading the article "Half the man he used to be" in the Edmonton Sun I felt hope and want to learn how I can change my life too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear back from you,

Vera age 26
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)