Poll

should #72 win a book?

yes
6 (85.7%)
no
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 02:02:14 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #72  (Read 2560 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #72
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
I noticed this contest on the Keeping Fit Blog.  I am entering a submission on behalf of my 28 year old son.  Nathan was a premature baby (4 lbs 2 oz) and as a new mother it was of great importance to me that he gain weight.  He now weighs over 360 lbs and despite many attempts (Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers), he has not be able to lose it.  I am also about 40 lbs over weight and was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes five years ago.  My great fear is that he too will develop this disease or other health issues if he doesn’t get control soon.  He is very self-conscious and to my knowledge, he has not asked anyone out on a date because of his fear of rejection.  Intellectually, I know that he is now an adult and makes his own decisions, however, I blame myself for his condition today.  With some one on one attention from another man who has struggled with the same issues and the encouragement it would provide would be fantastic!  I know that he can succeed.  I will do everything I can to support him in his efforts.   I can also lose some weight.  It would do my heart good to have him be provided with this great opportunity to finally get some of the weight off.  He is a great guy (I may be a little prejudiced) and deserves it.  Thank you for your consideration.

My name is Kathy
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)