Poll

should #84 win a book?

yes
13 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 02:22:21 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #84  (Read 3560 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #84
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »
Well,  I am cutting it close to the deadline, as I have about a half hour left of July 19th, but I am doing it, and getting in my request for a free book, and hopefully the much-needed change that I hope and pray it can bring!  I just got back from a camping trip with my family, and was catching up on my past issues of the Oxford Review, and I saw your article regarding the new book Fat to Thin.  Around a camp-fire one evening, I told my wife that I need to do something about my weight!  I am guessing that I am now around 350 lbs, and I am worried about my health.  When we got married almost 8 years ago, I weighed more like 280 and with my 6'2" frame, that looked alright (though truth be told, I could have lost some weight then too!).  I quit smoking years ago, for my health, and I gained the extra weight that I still carry today.  Something needs to be done! I am only 35 years old, and I would love to have the chance to get fit, and healthy.

This year, my wife and I adopted a little boy, who just turned 3 in June.  He is awesome, and I love him dearly.  I LOVE being a daddy, and I am realizing that my weight is going to hinder my life with him, and I am worried that if I do not do something to control my weight, I might not be around for him like I want to be, for many, many, many years to come.  I want to lose the weight for me, but also for my wife and for my son.

I worry about things like diabetes too, as it is in my family.  My knees are sore and my back gets sore because I am carrying around too much weight on my body.  My heart is good, but I know that it is working hard to support my frame, and I would like to lose weight for it too.  I am an elementary school principal here in Woodstock, ON. and I would like to be more fit to be able to do more with my staff and students too.  I do feel the limits of being overweight, and I would like to be the best I can be there too.

So, I read this article, and thought, "maybe this can be something to help me be better informed, and maybe it can provide me with some plans, tricks, motivation and actions that can help me achieve my goals!"  How cool to read this article and still have the half hour I needed to send out this email!  So, I would love to have a copy of your book, and more than that, I would love to have the chance to make a difference in my life, so that I can get to a healthier weight!  Thanks for this opportunity,

Sincerely, Mike
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Canada entry #84
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:13:05 PM »
F A T E :)

SkinnyPittsburghGirl

• View Profile
Re: Canada entry #84
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
Mike;
Sounds like you have a lot to live for! Here's hoping you are a winner! I will vote for you- you are too young to not be fit!